Chapter 5: Travelling together

As they were about to leave, Konan stopped them. "Taki, here. You will probably need this." She gave her a pair of crutches. Taki gave a fake smile. "Thank you, Konan." Taki was still embarrassed about earlier, and she was really letting it get to her. 

She couldn't stop thinking about how she was clumsy enough to have fallen on Tobi's chest. Her heart began to pump at the thought, and she hid her face behind her hands, blushing.

What was this feeling? It was surely just embarrassment. It could have happened with any member. 

As they walked, Taki led the way. Deidara insisted that she ride on his bird, but she kindly refused, saying that a true ninja never gives up. Taki didn't talk most of the way. 

Of course, Tobi did, and he annoyed Deidara to the point where he nearly blew him up with his clay. Deidara knew that something was bothering Taki, but he decided not to say anything.

Taki stopped, and looked around. "Yes. I know this place.. we should get there in about two more hours." Tobi whined. "You mean we're only halfway there?! But I'm too tired!" 

Deidara gave Tobi a death glare, sending him a few steps back. Five minutes past, and Deidara stopped. Taki looked at him. "Deidara, what's the matter?" 

Deidara dug his hand into his clay, and a moment later, threw it in the right side of the path. It exploded, causing two men to stumble out. They were from the Red Grass organization. Taki could tell by looking at their clothing. 

Luckily, they did not know who Taki was, and which clan she came from, so this attack was not about her. Deidara looked at the two men, who were on the ground. 

"State your business, and your reason for attacking." The two men stood up, brushing dirt off of their clothing. "We were assigned to assassinate both you and the masked one.."

Deidara took a step back. The two men laughed. "So let's make this quick!" They ran towards Deidara and Tobi with kunai knives. Deidara dug his hand in for more clay, but there wasn't any more. 

He cursed under his breath. He wasn't planning on getting attacked on this simple mission. Tobi just stood there looking like an idiot. He did absolutely nothing except dodge their attacks. 

Taki ran behind a tree, so she wouldn't get caught. Eventually, after a lot of dodging attacks, Deidara and Tobi got tied up with ropes. Ropes were tied around their waist, hands, and feet. Taki felt like crying.

 She was going to lose some of her new friends. She thought about her uncle's death, and how she did nothing to help but hide in some bushes. Right now, she was doing the same: hiding. 

No! She wasn't going to hide anymore. She was going to fight for her friends. She dropped her crutches. Everyone looked at her, even the assassins. She put her hands together to form a hand sign. "Transmutation jutsu!" 

As she began to transform, she thought of a wolf. "A wolf is protective, caring, and strong... I am going to protect my pack!" She grew a snout, a tail, and two ears. she shrunk a little bit, and she grew white fur. Her chest puffed up. She was a beautiful white wolf.

She no longer felt the pain in her right foot. She ran over to the two assassins, and pounced. The assassins screamed. Taki got off of them, and ran over to Deidara and Tobi. She tore the ropes away with her claws. 

By then, the assassins had gotten up, holding kunai knives at her. She stood in front of Deidara and Tobi protectively, like a mother protecting her babies. Taki's fur raised up, and she growled. One of the assassins spoke up.

"I see that you are part of the Harigae clan. Hmm, it must be hard for you. To have lost your beloved family member then? It's really too bad. You see, now that we know you also have that kekkei genkai, we are going to have to tell our boss."

 Taki growled. "Then I guess I can't let you guys go then, can I?" She pounced on them. The assassins screamed, but they couldn't get away.

Taki dragged the bodies over to the side of the path, and hid the bodies underground. She knew that this forest was full of man-eating mammals, so she left the bodies there to eventually get eaten away. 

She walked over to Deidara and Tobi. Deidara was fully impressed. "Wow, that's a pretty cool kekkei genkai you have there. Thanks for saving us, un." Tobi jumped up and down. "Taki-chan, you are so coool!" 

Taki, still being a wolf, knocked both Deidara and Tobi over. She wedged between them, her tail thumping against the ground. Deidara and Tobi laughed, and pet Taki on the head.

For some reason, the sound of Tobi laughing was the most pleasurable sound she felt she had ever heard. It made her want to make him laugh all of the time.

Taki transformed back. By the time Taki had defeated the assassins, it was already nighttime. They knew they had to find somewhere to rest for the night, and fast. They couldn't afford to be attacked again.

 Deidara shrugged. "I don't know where to go. Anywhere could be dangerous. Especially when we're right in the middle of the forest, un." Tobi didn't have a clue, either.

Taki smiled. "I know a place. It's an hour away on foot, but..." Deidara looked at Taki. "Wait, you have a place to stay?"

 "Yes. I call it my 'Secret Place'. No one knows about it except me. My great grandmother- she showed it to me. She said that she had enchanted it so no one can see it except me, unless I show it to someone else of my own free will." 

Tobi shouted with glee. "So you're going to turn into an animal? Can we ride on you? Please please please please please?" "Tobi shut up!" Deidara shouted. Taki laughed, feeling her heart flutter at Tobi's words. "Of course you can. Deidara can too."

 Deidara shook his head. "Nah, I'm going to use my clay.." He dug his hand into his bag, but remembered that he had already used it up. Deidara sighed. "It looks like my clay is all used up. I guess I have no choice, hn."

Taki chuckled. She did a hand sign. "Transmutation jutsu!" As she transformed, she thought of a large bear. "A bear is thoughtful, caring, and strong..." Taki began to grow larger. Two tiny ears popped out of her head.

 She grew a snout, and a tiny tail. Her paws were huge, probably half of a foot long each. Her fur was the most surprising part. It was black, with blue streaks running through it. When she was done with the transformation, she was about two yards long; a huge, beautiful blue bear.

Taki knelt down so Deidara and Tobi could get on. They stared at her in awe, then got on. Taki stood up, and began to walk. Deidara sat up. 

"Wow. You never cease to surprise me, Taki, yeah." Tobi was so excited he began to grip Taki's fur. Taki flinched. It hurt a lot, but she didn't say anything. Deidara whacked Tobi on the head. "You dimwit! You're hurting Taki when you do that!" 

"T-T-Tobi sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!" Tobi released his grip on Taki's fur. Taki's head turned to face Tobi as she continued to walk. Her violet eyes shone with compassion, and kindness. They sparkled in the moonlit night. She smiled warmly.

Taki was about ten minutes away from her secret place. By then, Deidara and Tobi were sound asleep on her back. Their arms were wrapped around Taki's sides, clutching her fur.

 It made Taki feel happy that her two new best friends were going with her to her secret place. She never had a best friend before, much less two.. not counting her uncle.