Chapter 14: Morning time

Taki's POV:
I woke up extra early, around five to get ready for the day.

I looked down to find that Deidara had fallen asleep on my legs. I think that I may have kept him up too long.

I suddenly felt a little bit bad for making Deidara stay up just to hear me talk. Although I did think he looked kinda cute like that.

I slowly got up, making sure that I didn't wake Deidara. I looked over at Tobi, sleeping peacefully.

His back faced me, and I saw that his mask was placed on the night drawer beside him. I wanted so badly to see his face, but I knew better than to look at him while he was sleeping.

I changed into my new clothes, and silently left the room with my bag of food in hand.

I went to the kitchen, finding with relief that I was the only one up.

My jaw dropped once I got in the kitchen. I clasped my hand over my mouth and nose. Dirty dishes were stacked up in the sink. It looked like they haven't been washed.. ever.

The counters were cluttered, and the table was a mess. The floor around me was filled with trash, and the air was foul-smelling.

My nose wrinkled, and I sighed. Well, I know how I'm spending my morning.

I cleaned up the trash on the floor. I took the trash out, and replaced the can. I swept the floor, and wiped it.

I cleaned up the trash on the table and counters, then organized the items strewn across the area. I wiped down the table and counters, even the cabinets, refrigerator, oven, and microwave.

I washed the dishes, dried them with a towel, then put them away. I opened the window up to let out the bad air.

Then I cut a few lemons in half, than left them on the windowsill, to freshen the air.

I made sure to stay quiet as I cleaned. Luckily no one woke up as I worked. I looked over at the clock. 5:57.

I was finally done working, and the kitchen looked beautiful. (Look at the picture) I walked over to my bag of food, and began to put it away.

I opened up the refrigerator, and was relieved to see that it already had basic foods like milk, eggs, and butter.

I decided to make breakfast. I mixed the ingredients, softly whisking them.

Something caught my eye, and I turned around. I saw something coming through the floor.

A man with a Venus fly trap looking object on his shoulders popped out of the ground. I jumped in surprise.

"Who are you?" We both asked each other quietly.

"I'm Harigae Taki. Um, your friends let me live here.."

He cocked his head to the side. "Our name is Zetsu. Uh, welcome, I guess. You really don't know how to talk to ladies without sounding like an idiot. Oh, shut up."

I smiled slightly to avoid an awkward start to the conversation. "Eh.. good morning, Zetsu. I was uh, just making breakfast."

Zetsu pulled himself through the floor all the way. He looked around.

"Wow, you really cleaned up this place.. 'Good morning to you too, Taki'. Oh yeah. Good morning. You're such an idiot. I know.."