Chapter 10: Truth or Dare

I took a moment to look at Kakashi's face better. The only visible part was his right eye. His mouth and nose were covered up in a mask.

His left eye was covered by his leaf shinobi head band. Why was that? Why did Kakashi cover his left eye? I had a feeling that it was something I shouldn't ask about.

Instead I said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kakashi. I'm Taki Harigae." Oops. I accidentally gave my last name. That was a mistake. Now they know who I am.

Everyone looked at me. "You never told us your last name; why tell Kakashi sensei?" Sakura asked.

I turned back to Kakashi, who had a surprised look on his face. "You're from the Harigae clan? I thought that Kazumi was the last one, and he was murdered by the Red Grass organization."

I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I was silent for a moment. This topic was really sensitive to me, so I tried not to sound like I was crying.

"Yes. Kazumi and I were the last of the Harigae clan. Kazumi was... my.. uncle. He was the only family I had. I watched that knife go through his stomach..."

My voice dropped to a low whisper. Kiba put his arm around me. "If only you knew... the pain that I feel."

My vision became blurry, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I saw everyone's expressions turn sad.

"I'm sorry for this. I didn't mean for you to see me cry." I couldn't hold in my tears any longer.

They slid down my face like a waterfall. I turned away from them, I was too embarrassed to show my face to them.

I saw Sai walk in front of me. My eyes slowly met his. His arms pulled me to his chest, and wrapped them around me.

I cried, and buried my face into the side of his neck. He was about to pull away, when I held onto him tight.

He was tense for a second, but then was calm. I breathed heavily, calming myself down.

I pulled away, and wiped my eyes. I looked at Sai. "Thank you, Sai. That was a great thing you did."

I turned back to everyone. "Sorry, that was stupid of me. It was pretty silly reason to cry anyways. Um, would you guys like to play a game or two with me, to brighten the mood?"

I smiled to show that I was alright. "Come on, let's play a game! I'm done with my tears, so let's have some fun!"

I laughed when they seemed confused. Kakashi sighed. "You seem to be one to get over your sad emotions quickly. I'm just not sure if that's a good or bad thing."

I smiled."Would you like to play a game with us, Kakashi? I'm sure we would all have fun together."

I had to admit that I had no idea which game we were going to play. I just hoped that they would forget about my emotions getting out of hand.

I was very grateful for Sai's comfort. It made me happy, especially knowing that he isn't the best at being social.

Kakashi chuckled. "Ah, I guess I could stay a bit. I'm going to have to go soon, though."

We all sat in a circle, so we could face each other. TenTen turned to me. "Which game are we gonna play?" My eyes lit up. "I don't know! Any suggestions?"

Sakura immediately answered. "Oh, I know! Let's play truth or dare!" Ino joined her. "Yeah! Truth or dare!"

So that's what we decided to play.

Shikamaru put his hand around his neck, sheepishly. "Uh, Kiba. Truth or dare?" Kiba looked confident. "Bring it on! Dare!"

Shikamaru smiled at his confidence. "I dare you to hug a cat for ten seconds."

Kiba's smile faded. "Aw, but I hate cats! Ugh fine. But you will pay for that. I'll make sure of it." He leaped up from the ground, and ran away to go find a cat to hug.

Shikamaru laughed. "We'll see. OK, Choji. It's your turn." They decided to take turns, and go counterclockwise.

Choji thought about it, then pointed to Ino. "Ino! Truth or dare!"

Ino folded her arms on her chest. "Truth. I'm not stupid like Kiba." At that Akamaru growled at her.

Choji smiled devilishly. "Ok, then you need to tell us about how you feel for Sai." She gulped, and turned crimson.

Everyone started chuckling at her and Sai. Ino turned slowly to Sai. "S-Sai.. I-" He cut her off.

"It's ok, Ino. I understand how you feel for me. Taki taught me all about love, and I think it is a wonderful thing for you to think."

Everyone, including Ino was surprised by what he said. Sai turned to look at me, sitting next to him.

"Was that ok?" He whispered. I nodded, happily. Even though Sai's understanding of the situation was very little, I still thought his attempts were pretty cute.

Choji looked a bit disappointed. "Huh. Ino, it's your turn." Ino looked excited. Her eyes made a beeline for Sakura's. She laughed.

"Sakura! Truth or dare!"  Sakura's eyebrows furrowed. "Ooohh, you better not do anything bad to me. Dare."

Ino looked surprised that she didn't choose 'truth'. "Oh, um.. I dare you to.." An idea popped in her head. She smiled.

"I dare you to kiss Naruto. He's sure to like that."

Sakura's jaw dropped. Naruto rubbed his hands together. "This is going to be the best day of my life!" He chuckled to himself.

Hinata looked down. "Oh Naruto..." I suddenly felt bad for her, knowing that she wanted to be the one to kiss him.

Neji saw how sad Hinata got. He turned to Ino, and his eyes narrowed. "Pick a different one for Sakura."

Everyone looked at Neji. "But why, Neji? It would be so funny." Ino looked disappointed.

Neji's eyes trailed to Hinata's. "I have my reasons. Just pick a different one."

Ino huffed. "Fine."

The game continued to play, when it finally came to be Sai's turn, he smiled a fake smile, and turned to me.

"I don't really know what to do, Taki." He half whispered to me.

I knew this was his first time playing, so I tried to explain it. I whispered back, "So you're going to ask someone, 'Truth or dare'. It can be anyone. If they choose 'truth', you can get them to say something truthfully. If they choose 'dare', you can get them to do anything you want."

Sai nodded. "Thanks." He whispered. He spoke louder. "Um, Taki. Truth or dare?" I giggled at him. "Hmm, dare."

Sai thought about it. "I dare you to show us your kekkei genkai."

Everyone went silent, and looked at the both of us. Even Kakashi, who was reading the entire time, had seemed interested.

Naruto, who was sitting next to him, punched Sai on the shoulder. "Oi! You really are insensitive, aren't you?"

Sai rubbed his shoulder. "I don't get it, what did I do?"

I could see the tick mark on Naruto forming. "You can't just ask her to show us her kekkei genkai! That is a secret that she can only choose to show!"

Sai looked at me. "Sorry, Taki. I guess I didn't know.." I shook my head. "No, no it's fine. Just keep in mind that I will only show my kekkei genkai to my friends."

Kakashi leaned in. "So you're going to show us your kekkei genkai? It is a huge secret to your clan, considering no one knows what your power even is."

I nodded, then leaned over to Sai's ear. I whispered so no one could hear. "What is your favorite animal, Sai?"

Sai looked surprised, but answered anyway, in a whisper.

I stood up, and put my hands together to form a hand sign. Everyone stared. "Transmutation jutsu!"