Chapter 8 continued

Choji grinned. "Yeah! That sounds good. You seem to be a kind person as well. It must have been good luck that Sai ran into you."

I chuckled. "Thank you."

We walked next to a guy with his hands in his pockets. He looked at me, and sighed. "What a drag."

My smile faltered, but I tried to make sure he didn't see it. He noticed anyway.

"Sorry about that. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm Shikamaru." He blushed a bit, and looked down.

He whispered to himself, "These feelings of mine. What a pain they are." (Sorry but I was planning on having one of them have a bit of a crush on her, so I decided on Shikamaru.)
He seemed to have expected me not to notice, but I did.

I laughed quietly to myself. He likes me! I wanted to make him feel better about his little slipup, so I said, "What a kind thing to say, Shikamaru."

"I'm Taki. You seem to be a really caring person. I like that."

Shikamaru smiled to himself, and blushed. How cute! I thought to myself.

I smiled a closed eye smile. "Do you have any hobbies?" I had asked a real basic icebreaker, but I knew it would help him to open up.

He smiled. "Actually, I do like playing Shogi. Ever heard of it?"

I nodded. "I have played many times with my uncle. I find it enjoyable, and I'm also very skilled at it. You must be a real clever person. Maybe we could play together sometime, if you like."

He blushed, and nodded. "Thanks. Maybe we can play after you meet everyone." I nodded. His eyes lit up. "I'll grab it now."

Shikamaru ran off. I had forgotten that Sai was there, standing next to me, until he spoke.

"Shikamaru us not acting like he normally does. Do you know why?" I smiled. "He likes me, Sai. When you like someone, you usually act out of character."

We were about to walk over to a new person, when he met us. "Hello. I am Rock Lee. What is your name?"

His appearance was unique. The eyebrows, the bowlcut, everything. I smiled.

"Hello, Lee. I like your haircut. My name is Taki. It's a pleasure to meet you." Rock Lee beamed.

"W-why thank you! You are the first to say that. I am sure we will become good friends." He flashed me a smile.

We moved on to the next person. He wore a hood, and had bugs swarming around him. He spoke in a low voice. "My name is Shino. Don't mind the bugs, they're with me."

I could tell that he was a major introvert, so I knew the conversation wouldn't last long.

"Nice to meet you, Shino. I'm Taki. Bugs fascinate me, actually. You are pretty lucky to get to observe them all the time."

Shino nodded. "Yes, they are a part of me. Not many like bugs, so I am surprised that you do."

Sai and I went to the next person. She had white eyes, and looked to by very shy. She constantly looked over in Naruto's direction while blushing.

Another lovebird. How adorable. I knew she wasn't going to talk first, so I did.

"Hello! I'm Taki. I can tell you have a thing for Naruto. You two look like you'd make a cute couple. What's your name?"

She blushed, and looked down. "Thank you. It's H-Hinata."

I laughed a bit. "Hinata's a pretty name. Yeah, Shikamaru has a thing for me, like you do for Naruto. It's pretty cute."

Hinata looked at me with shock. "Shikamaru? I didn't think he liked anyone. He doesn't normally show that much emotion."

She smiled to herself. I spoke. "Yeah, he went to go get his Shogi game for us to play. Anyways, good luck with Naruto. He does seem like the type to be completely oblivious to the obvious, though."

Hinata smiled at the thought.

We went over to a girl with two little buns on her head. She spoke. "Hello! I'm TenTen, what's your name?"

She seemed to be a fun person to be around. "Hi, TenTen. It's Taki. I like your hairstyle. It's a cute look for you."

TenTen smiled. "Thanks! I like yours, too." We talked some more, and then Sai and I moved on.

I saw a boy with red markings on his cheeks, with his dog. They were running around the area, knocking everyone that had come today down.

They nearly ran into me and Sai, until the dog stopped right in front of me. He sniffed me, then turned to the boy, and nodded his head.

The boy stuck out his hand to me. I shook it. "Hey, I'm Kiba, and this is my dog, Akamaru. He thinks you're pretty okay."

I laughed, and pet Akamaru. I turned to Kiba. "Hello. I'm Taki. Its nice to meet you both. I admire your love for dogs, Kiba. I myself really like them."

Akamaru barked happily, and wagged his tail. Kiba flashed a smile. "He really likes you! I must say, you seem pretty cool."

We laughed. Kiba and Akamaru continued to play around. We came to the last person.

Like Hinata, he also had white eyes, the Byakugan. I walked up to him.

He looked at me. "I'm Neji. I heard you talking with Hinata, my cousin. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard that Shikamaru has a thing for you, is that correct?"

I nodded, and smiled. "I'm Taki, and yes, he does. What of it?"

Neji nodded. "Hmph. I didn't think he liked anyone. He doesn't normally show that much emotion."

I laughed. Neji looked at me, confused. "What is it?" I smiled. "That's exactly what Hinata said about it. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess."

Neji smirked. "Is that so?" He nodded to himself. He was about to say something, when someone jumped down in between us.

"Here. I have it. Now we can play if you want to." It was Shikamaru. He looked at Sai, Neji, and me. "Oh. Sorry, I guess I interrupted."

He blushed, and looked down. Neji smirked. "Shikamaru, you might be able to read other people like a book, but we can read you better. Just admit that you like her."

Shikamaru's face turned a noticeable shade of pink, and frantically shouted, "Neji! Shut up!" Neji chuckled, and walked away, saying, "Have fun playing Shogi."

Do you guys like how this is going? Do you like Shikamaru's innocent little crush on Taki? Comment below and tell me.