Chapter 21: Goodbye (part 1)

Everyone, I need to apologize for keeping you waiting for so long. This is not like me to have done so. I have no excuses for not writing. Please enjoy. I made this just for you guys. Thank you for commenting and for reading, it keeps me in high spirits when I feel like I sit under a rain cloud. 

Deidara's POV:

Taki had left a few days ago, and she should be coming back any time now. All of the Akatsuki were home.

We tried to figure out what was making her so sad all of the time. "Do you think it is because she thinks that her beloved doesn't love her back?" Konan thought aloud.

"Mm.. no, I don't think so, un." I quietly answered. Sasori looked at the clock. "Hey, guys.. Taki should have been back a few hours ago." Everyone panicked.

Taki was never late, not even by a few minutes. "What could have happened?" Kisame asked frantically. I suddenly remembered something.

I pulled out Kazumi's diary out of my pocket. I can't believe I forgot it all this time. Hidan looked at it. "Hey, what's that?"

I opened it. "It's her uncle's diary, hm.." I mused. I skimmed the pages, when I finally found something interesting. I read the section aloud.

"Hey, Taki. I know that at some point, you'll have read my diary. I'm sorry, but I have sealed this part from you. Give it to your caretaker. They need to insert their chakra into this page. Your chakra will not open it. "

 I looked up at everybody with a blank stare. "Well, do as he says." Sasori commanded. I inserted my chakra into the page, and it went blank. Suddenly, it was filled with words. 

I read it aloud to everyone. "What I tell you is very serious. It's about Taki." Everyone went silent, and leaned in. 

"I am very scared for Taki. Lately she has been asking questions, such as 'what do you think is true happiness?', and 'how does it feel to be happy?'. She stays in her room by herself when she can, and is very unsocial. Every month, she decreases the amount of food she eats. It is also hard for her to sleep, and I find her crying a lot. I have read up on why this could be happening to her, and what I found was very frightening. The book said that in the Harumi clan, every five generations there is a girl born with the ability to turn into a dragon. However, it comes with a deadly price: the girl suffers from a great depression, which can often lead to suicide."

Everyone gasped. "To prevent this, you must get her to sing. She has been unable to sing, until now. Singing will relieve her of her sadness.The moment she sings, the power of the dragon will be unlocked. Please, help her to sing, and don't let her die. Please."

I looked up, wide-eyed. "We need to find her, hm. NOW." We all jumped up, and decided to look for Taki. "Wait!" Kakuzu yelled. Everyone looked at him.

"I saw her write in a small little book once before. Maybe that will give us a hint as to where she could be." Hidan made a witty comment. "It's called a diary, Kakuzu." 

"A diary? So that's what it's called. Maybe if I had known that, I wouldn't have read yours." "WHAT?! YOU READ MINE?! WHY YOU-" Konan cut in. "Shut up!" Kakuzu led the way, Hidan muttering curses under his breath.

They got to her room, and Kakuzu pulled the book from her night drawer. He flipped through the pages. 

"I feel so useless. So useless that I felt the need to cut myself on the arm with a knife. It hurt, but it was somehow calming, knowing I had finally punished myself correctly."

Kakuzu was silent for a minute. "She told us.. that was an accident." Tobi whimpered. "Taki-chan." He whispered. 

"I also remember the day I had to come out of the bathroom only with a towel over myself, Sasori watching." "WHAT." Konan turned angrily at Sasori. He waved his hands over his face, shaking his head. I chuckled. "Didn't think a puppet could be perverted, un."