LMAC | Chapter Four

---Chapter Four; Perfect---

我々は完璧な家族になるだろう

(We'll be a perfect family.)

I slammed the limo door shut, shifting around in the back seat a bit to attempt to get comfortable after a long day of school. "Good afternoon Ms. Miyagawa! How was your day?" Mr. Robert called out from the drivers seat, rubbing his pale cheek. I scrunched my face up at how he addressed me. I hated when the maids, butlers, or even personal drivers. Like I'm an 'oh so' important person. Tch, it's aggravating.

"I've told you multiple times to call me by my first name." I grumbled, crossing my arms and placing one leg over the other. Mr. Robert chuckled lowly as he started the engine up and we began driving soon. "I'm terribly sorry Ms. Mi-ah I mean Haruka! It slips my mind sometimes." he admitted.

I shook my head and looked out the window, the cherry blossoms swaying gently with the wind like a river rolling in waves. I leaned my head against the cool window, still locking my eyes with the gorgeous trees that had been rooted deep within the ground. Mr. Robert hummed a familiar tune as we drove down the pavement streets, cherry blossoms not failing to catch my attention at every second.

"So Haruka, how was school today?" he asked kindly. A smirk painted on my lips and I brought my head up from the clear window. "I got myself twisted up with a bunch of perverts.." I mumbled. "Huh? What was that?" Mr. Robert said, not hearing me before. "Nothing. Nothing. I had a splendid day like any other." I said. A splendid day indeed.

♛♕♛

"Haruka are you sure you don't want me to carry your bag?" Mr. Robert asked me while we stepped up towards the main entrance door. Mr. Robert is a kind young soul who sometimes treats me as if I'm his own daughter at times. He's been my fifth and favorite personal driver for years now. The only thing about him is that he can become a little too family-orientated over me but I'm completely fine with it, I suppose. I looked in his dark green eyes, smiling gently.

"If you really want to." I shrugged. He nodded and grabbed my light schoolbag from my grasp, walking in front of me and knocking quietly onto the brass double doors. Three seconds didn't even fully pass by when a black-haired maid flew open the doors. "W-Welcome home Ms. Haruka!" she blurted out loudly.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at the clumsy maid. "Ms. Claire you don't have to be so loud." I commented and stepped inside the too large mansion that I called 'home.' "I-I'm sorry Ms. Miyagawa! Terribly sorry!" she apologized, brushing a lock off her forehead. "No it's fine. Just next time tone your voice down a bit." I said.

She nodded violently as Robert went up the grand staircase most likely to put away my bag. "Anyways Claire, where are my parents?" I asked the innocent woman. Ms. Claire reminds me of a new student at school. She's shy, gentle, and sweet as a button. Even though she was hired a few months ago she still acts like she doesn't correctly know the schedule or routine of her job. But she's nice to talk to and for once she's a maid that treats me...like I'm human.

"A-Ah they should be in the living room ma'am." she said softly. "Thanks.." I muttered and walked on the clean tile beige floor, turning a few corners until I walked through the living room entrance where indeed I found my dear mother sitting down reading a book and my father tightening up his black tie. "Boa tarde mãe, pai." I sad politely. My mom suddenly looked up, a wide grin spreading upon her dark skin.

"Boa tarde, Haruka!" she said happily. "I'm so glad your finally speaking Portuguese towards me!" she cheered and held her arms out. I smiled and embraced her, wrapping my arms around her small torso and inhaling the vanilla perfume that still lingered on her. "Right. Right." I mumbled and released her. I shifted my head towards my father who seemed to be about to head out.

"Where are you going?" I asked, an inch of anger at the tip of each word I spoke. My mother, a successful lawyer, my father, a rich judge. Nothing special and nothing new. Almost every rich persons parents have the same profession. Lately though something's been bothering me about my father. He's gone more often, comes home late but claims it's just 'long hours at work.' I don't believe him for a minute.

My moms a hopeless romantic. She falls for anything, you could tell her a million lies and I assure you she'd believe them. That's how gullible she is. "Huh? Oh my job called and needed me." he said and kisses my moms cheek. Lies. "I'm sorry Haruka I know your upset." he said and kissed my cheek before ruffling my hair. "She'll be fine. It's Haruka." my mom said, giggling. I studied my father up and down, noticing a faint mark on his neck. I widened my eyes.

No way. "I'll try to be home before dinner alright?" he said and winked. My mom nodded but I only glanced at the floor. It can't be. I flinched when I heard the front door shut along with the disappearance of his footsteps. My mom sighed and then looked back at me. "Guess what Haruka? For dinner today I've got the chefs to make your favorite! Curry, with coconut milk and a mild taste of yogurt! How does that sound?" she asked thrilled.

True, that was my favorite meal. But I was so caught up in what I just witnessed that I was dry about it. "Yeah, thanks. Hey, I'm going to head up to my room for a bit." I said. She tilted her head to the side, obviously worried about me. "I-Is something wrong?" she asked. I shook my head. "No it's nothing." I reassured her and took a step back. "I'm just a little worn out from school. That's all." I said.

She smiled but nodded. "Of course. Go get some rest for a bit." she said. I nodded too and started up towards my room. I bit my lip on my way up. That mark on his neck. My eyes started to shift everywhere. It was lipstick no doubt about it. I shouldn't be too worried about it. But...

I dug my nails deep in my arm. It was a faint pink. I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration.

My mother doesn't wear pink lipstick