LMAC | Chapter Nine

---Chapter Nine; Different . . .

私それを一蹴大したことないが正直なところ。

(I shrugged it off as no big deal honestly. . . )

I dropped into my usual seat in the middle of my homeroom, giving out quaint smiles to several people who greeted me this morning. To tell you the truth, I almost slept in today had it not been for Grace, my personal maid who awoke me up rather rudely. I mean, pouring water on me is a bit over the line, wouldn't you agree? I sighed at the flashback, tapping my black pen to the tune of Chopin's Étude Op. 25, No. 5, precisely.

Our teacher was late, more late then usual, ten minutes late---actually. But these people had all the time in the world so, it didn't matter to them. None of them were worried the slightest, not surprisingly. Some were huddled in groups that filled with chatter and laughter, others were either reading or seemingly got lost in la la world.

My eyes flew and landed on a stack of textbooks piled up on the teachers desk. I always wondered why Ouran Academy couldn't be like regular schools and just reuse their textbooks. Instead, we buy new expensive ones every single year. You want to know why? Just because we can. . .

"Good morning Haruka!" a deep voice said and I didn't know who's it was but I knew who's it was if that makes since. I turned around and saw one of the twin's grinning at me. "Good morning!" the other twin said as he sat beside me, brushing his finger against mine. I flinched back.

"G-G-Good morning." I replied. I'm surrounded by snobs. . .

"Hikaru, Karou, I was looking for you guys. Oh, hey Haruka." Haruhi said, chuckling after. He's the only sane one in the group. It's a mystery on how he's survived. "H-Hi Haruhi." I answered before frowning. "Wait a minute, why are you guys here?" I asked curiously. The twins looked at each other and seemed to be holding themselves back from laughing.

Haruhi giggled. "What are you talking about Haruka? We've always been in your class." he said. No way. That can't be true! "What!?" I bursted out, covering my mouth sheepishly after the loud words left my mouth. "You're such a loner." one of the twins mumbled, smirking and placing his hand over mine. I blushed. "We're glad you decided to join the club." the other spoke, leaning in close towards my face.

Haruhi sighed and grabbed the twins from their hair, pulling them away from me as they whimpered in pain. "Leave Haruka alone. . . "he said nonchantly and I widened my orbs. "Wait a minute. . .! Speak again. . . !" I insisted, realizing something. The twins scrunched their faces up in confusion along with Haruhi who let them go. "What do you mean?" one of them said. "Like say something specific?" the other said.

The twins are the same obviously, no doubt about it. And I find it impossibly hard to detect anything that can let you know which one is which. But I've noticed many difference's about the two in just a couple of days. One is more playful then the other. One is more serious and mature. They have different hair, or, their hair is parted in different ways. The icing on the cake is the way they speak though. It literally tells you everything . . .

"You're Hikaru." I said and pointed to one twin, debating with myself if I was doing this right or not. "And you're Karou." I said and pointed to the other, biting my lip and folding my arms. "You're voices are different from each other. Hikaru, you're voice is deeper. Karou, you're voice is softer. I try my best to not eavesdrop but I've heard girls talk about how Hikari is the oldest. The oldest would most likely have the deepest voice so. . ." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Did I guess it right?" I asked. Haruhi blinked a couple of times from maybe being taken back or just from trying to figure out how stupid I could be. The twins on the other hand could only stare at me.

Maybe I did get it wrong. . . I was hoping I got it c--

"You're correct Haruka." Hikaru said. I gasped. "Really?" I said. Karou snickered. "I can't believe you actually guessed it right! Interesting. . . Haruhi is the only one who's guessed it right before. Well, was." Hikaru teased the boy who smirked and elbowed me. "I guess I have some competition." he joked, making me blush.

"Right. . . "I muttered, jumping when a pair of large footsteps entered the classroom. "Good morning class, sorry I'm late." our teacher announced wearily, sighing as if this was the worst job ever.

"Now then, please get your textbooks and turn to page 136."

♛♕♛

If Tamaki wasn't such an amazing pianist I would've dumped the Host Club a long time ago. Not many days have passed by since I've joined the club as their 'Host Club Helper'. I was mostly like a waitress to the flamboyant girls and flirtatious boys. I wasn't the best baker but I was decent thanks to my mom signing me up to summer cooking school when I was younger.

Then it was the same routine as any other day. We'd spend an hour afterschool doing the Host Club, then another hour cleaning up, then lastly Tamaki would practice with me in the Music Room. It was simple, but not at the same time. Sometimes the other would join and listen too. Though it didn't happen all the time.

"Haruka?"

"Gah!" the sudden voice coming from Haruhi made me jump, letting the tray of cookies fall from my grasp. Haruhi shook his head. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." he said dryly. Dang it! I sighed and gave him a sincere look. Seriously though, how does he live with this club? "It's fine." I said and crouched down to pick up the treats.

"Hm? Let me help. . . " he said nonchantly, joining me down on the floor as he helped me pick up the food. I gave him a small smile in reply. "Thanks." I said. He just chuckled lowly while continuously picking up the mess with me. "It's nothing Haruka." he said.

"You know, Tamaki really care's about you." he said all of a sudden, making me scrunch up my face. "What?" I said, not bothering to look up at him. He sighed. "I don't know, it's just, he's a little different around you. More. . .um. . ." he struggled for a word.

"Alive." I mumbled breathlessly, our hands coming into contact by accident as we reached for the last cookie.

Cliché

Haruhi blushed and slowly looked and met my eyes.

"Exactly."