LMAC | Chapter Fifteen

---Chapter Fifteen; The Music That I Play---

なぜとても緊張していた私ですか。私はあなたと遊んでいたのでそれはあるか。

(Why was I so nervous? Is it because I was playing with you?)

Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it

"Thank you Mr. Robert." I said, giving him a quick wave 'goodbye' before closing the limo door behind me, taking a deep breath and gazing at the Concert Hall, gripping my violin case tightly in my hand. It wasn't usual of me to be late on such an important day. Maybe it was because I was so tired, or because I began worrying about my 'perfect' family, or it could be a million other things. My mind has been racing lately these days, especially with finding out Haruhi's true gender.

I moved my eyes down, softly smiling when I saw a recognizable blonde male. I sighed and took a step forward as I began to walk towards Tamaki until a gust of wind flew by, my orbs widening almost immediately as I became captivated with him. His short but tamed hair gently flew along with the wind while the twinkle in his ocean eyes couldn't be ignored even from far away. His hands were propped inside his pockets while a causal smile came onto his lips. D-Damn it. . .

His figure then changed directions and his smile grew wider, waving his hand violently in the air. "Haruka-Chan!" he yelled and I sent him back a short nod, walking up the small steps until I reached his side. "G-Good morning." I stuttered unintentionally. Tamaki gave out his infamous smirk and pushed a lock of my hair back in place. The wind must've forced it out of place. "Princess, don't think I didn't see you daydreaming back there." he replied cockily, and somehow that was enough to make my face heat up.

"N-N-Nonsense idiot! I-I-I wasn't doing anything of the sort! I was j-just making sure it was y--"his beautiful laughter interrupted my speaking. "I'm just joking Haruka!" he chuckled again and grinned. "Whatever. . . "I frowned and looked away. "Anyways, the others are already seated inside, so, I guess we should head in ourselves right? Wouldn't want to keep them waiting." he said. Others? I looked at him in confusion. "Others? What others?" I asked and he looked at me too in confusion. "The Host Club of course. Who else?" he shrugged his shoulders as if it was obvious.

How was I suppose to know he invited the Host Club? I don't even recall him doing so, unless he did it when I wasn't around. "But, why didn't you go inside and wait for me with them?" I questioned him, raising an eyebrow.

Tamaki smiled warmly once again and this time I couldn't resist my blushing to lose control at his comment.

"Because. . ." he grabbed my free hand, intertwining it with his. "I-I wanted to wait for you. . ." he mumbled.

♛♕♛

"Number 21!"

I looked and my eyes came upon the girl who must've been the one to obtain the '21' number since she shot out her seat immediately. Her silky ruby hair bounced lightly with her actions, a bead of visible and nervous swear sliding down the side of her face. "Y-Yes sir!" she said, walking in an awkward way towards the door and out onto the stage.

Tamaki watched her along with me. "She looked extra nervous, huh." he said gently, chuckling afterwards while I only replied with a nod. It was common to be normal before a competition especially your first one. But, she looked more then nervous, she looked terrified. "By the way Haruka, where are your parents?" he asked and I became wearily confused.

I wrinkled my nose. "My. . . parents? They never come to my performances." I stated, starting to pluck the strings on my violin randomly. Tamaki widened his eyes. That's the same reaction I got from everybody when I told them the cold truth.

"Number 22!"

"That's not true! How come on television we always see your parents in the audience? They always are seen clapping after your performance." he pointed out, frowning at the new information I gave him. I shook my head from side to side. "They only were there because of press conference." I said and sat back against the wall, pressing down the white satin dress that I was attired in. A normal kid would be a little down once they figured out their parents only came to their competitions for the press. But, I guess they've done it for so long that it doesnt faze me anymore now.

I gazed back at Tamaki. "Why are your parents not here?" I shot back the same question, and he scratched his neck. "They both had some business to take care of." he admitted but a part of me could tell he was hiding something. I let it slide though, not seeing it as my place to be apart in. "Anyways, off the subject of our parents, are you ready to perform?" he broke the short amount of silence, his comforting smile seemingly warming me up inside.

I shortly smiled. "Ready as I'll ever be. . . " I whispered.

"Number 23!"

I took a deep breath, gripping my violin and bow as I stood up from my spot. Tamaki stood up beside me and a confident look entered on him. "That's us." he said. "Yeah, that's us." I answered back and yet again took another deep breath. I tried to ignore the loud beating of my heart, or the butterflies in my stomach, and the sweat that my hands had unusually accumulated. The only time I remember being nervous about a performance was my first ever performance.

Other then that, I've had so much self-confidence in myself that I could even feel my own self get cocky at some times. So, I don't understand why today out of all days, I feel so nervous that I may burst?

"Good luck Haruka-Chan. . . " he mumbled lowly before walking onto the extensive stage, a black-sheeted piano awaited for someone to take it's place and play on it. Tamaki gracefully walked towards the large instrument, but, before positioning my violin on my shoulder I looked out at the crowd for a minute. Even as a child I was always mesmerized at the sight of so many people out in the audience. So many people who were gathered here today to hear music. Elegant and classical music. . . music with no words. . . music you could relax to soothingly. . .

Everyone here today all have something in common, something that brought them to sit with the person beside them, and that's music. It pours into your soul and soon enough you're spilling out the tune from your own lips. Your body will start to slowly move with the slow or fast rhythm, and next you might find yourself wanting to play the music from your own fingertips. It's music that can keep this world together and it's music that has kept me together for so long.

I gently placed the violin on my shoulder and placed the bow above it. I glanced at Tamaki who was settled and ready to roam his fingers all around the white keys. My eyes closed for a second and then I pulled the bow on the thin, and yet thick strings.

And it's music that still, to today, keeps me together. . .