Blast from the Past

A/N

So... I've come to the conclusion that I am just awful at writing fight scenes. So um yeah, enjoy those I guess.

Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting. Really that what keeps me going. Also 12 me had some freaking crazy plot points. My god, so much happened in each chapter. I could hardly find a place to stop.

I love you guys so much and thank you for everything!

Stay traught and be chalant <3

xoxo nightgirl2021

(Lane)

()()()()()()()()()()()()

I shuffle in the tight space of the air vent. Pushing myself forward so that I can look into the grate that opens to the floor below. Cackles that will never leave my memory vault into the air, drowning me in the terror that I can't avoid.

  I know who it is and he isn't supposed to be here. This was supposed to be an easy in and out mission. Batman must be losing his mind right now. I mean he just unknowingly sent us into the Joker's hands.

  My body is tense as I run through my mental checklist.  I can't make contact with the League. All the messages I have sent out have been intercepted and corrupted, so everyone knows I am here. I can't run. That's a coward's move. I won't leave my friends to the Joker. There is no telling what he will do. At least Batman knows our coordinates. They haven't moved us from the target location yet, but I am sure they will. Once they get their hands on me, everything is going to change. They are no doubt going to load us up and ship us out.

  Unless they are going to kill us. I mean I don't have contact with any of the team anymore. The mind link is down, which means Miss M is down. No one has responded to any of my comms transmissions. I must assume for now that they are captured, but alive. I can't afford to think otherwise.

  I shimmy closer to the opening, trying to not make any noise that would give away my location. I peer down to the ground that is far below me. My stomach lurches at the sight. My team, my friends, are all tied up, their arms pinned behind their back and their legs bound together. Things are stuffed in all of their mouths even though all of their heads lull to the side, their eyes closed. I know none of them are conscious, which is probably a blessing. I hate the thought of them being afraid.

  "What do you mean you can't find him? He's here. We know he is. Now stop being lazy sons of bitches and find that stupid little bird," The Joker screams at his men, sending them fleeing. The others that are posted around the room redirect their eyes from the conversation that just occurred.

  The Joker's chest heaves up and down with anger as he looks around the room. Harley comes towards him, gently caressing his face, but he shoves her aside. She stumbles but doesn't fall completely to the ground. She awkwardly stands and brushes off her knee that hit the ground. Harley cautiously makes her way back from the Joker, leaving him to his anger. The hyenas scowl at the Joker's movements. They obviously don't like him beating up on Harley. He doesn't notice or he ignores their looks. They are his men after all.

  The Joker's eyes lock on the team. An awful smile crosses his face. He cackles once more and scans the room until finally he looks up and sees the air vents above him. He knows me. He knows my skills and my comforts. He knows I would never abandon my team.

  "Come on out little birdie. I won't hurt ya. Scouts honor," he jests, walking to underneath the grate I am looking down. My heart pounds in my chest and it's all I can hear. I am a sitting duck in this vent. But if I come down, he'll either shoot me as soon as I drop, or I'll have to take on all of his hyenas and Harley. There is no way out.