Family Ties

I awake to screams. The plane is going down." What happened," I scream to the person next to me.
"We were shot down," he screamed. Dami started to cry in fear for his life. I pull Dami close to me and we put on our air masks. I buckle our seatbelt. Then the plane crashes.
My eyes open to see Dami's face in front of mine." Grayson," he mouthed. My ears are ringing. He is out of his seat on top of me trying to wake me.
"I'm good," I say not knowing how loud. He nodded. I look to see everyone gone. Everyone is dead. We hardly survived.
"We have to run," Dami mouthed. I got out of my seat and we ran. Out of the plane is woods. Our advantage. We run into the woods and once quite a ways in we climb a tree. Dami cries silently. I sit next to him and hug him. Who shot us down?
   Then I hear footsteps getting closer. I squeeze my eyes shut. Then they walk straight past us. Night approaches taking us under its spell. We fall asleep with each other for warmth.
   I wake to shouts of my name." Dick," screamed a deep mans voice, but I am too tired to respond. My body is shutting down. Dami is sleeping beside me, hardly moving. I have to get help for him.
   "Up here," I say as loudly as I can. Then I hear leaves rustling. I peer down to see Batman." Bruce," I mumble in relief and then my eyes have to close.
   I feel somebody try to separate me and Dami. I hold him tighter." Dick," said a sweet voice. I open my eyes to a beautiful light. Then I move my eyes to see my mother." Dickie just let go and come with me," she said," we will be happy together." Then my father came up next to her.
   "Come my son, you have suffered long enough in this life," he said holding his hand out for me. I reach up but pull away.
   "What about Dami, Bruce, Alfred and all my friends," I ask still wanting to go with them.
  "They will be okay sweetheart. They are going to live a little longer. They are going to miss you but understand. I promise," my mother said giving a little smile. I smile but don't reach up.
   "Mami, Tati , I want to go with you," I say standing up. Then the world starts to shake.
  "I'm sorry baby you've taken to long to decide," my mother said then gave me a hug. My father did too, kissing me on the forehead.
  "Be brave," they said in unison.