Blast from the Past cont.

A/N

  Well, well, well. Look who is back with another chapter. Surprise it is me. Believe it or not. Now please do not mind any of the spelling or grammar errors. I wrote this all in the span of like 6 hours, while I had the drive and inspiration to do it. 

Anyways, there is somewhat of a plot and some dialogue thrown in, so what more could you wish for? 

Now, thank you guys so much for reading and liking. It seriously means the world to me. So thank you. Well you beautiful babes, get traught and be chalant. 

xoxo nightgirl2021

{Lane

  My eyes flutter open but are quickly overwhelmed by the bright lights above. I squint and hear a high-pitched beeping noise growing faster and faster. A hand swipes the hair from my forehead and I turn my head lazily to the side. Bruce sits there, his eyes still looking sunken in and tired. Yet a certain light returns to them once he looks into my eyes.

"Dickie," he cries and doesn't hide the instant relief that washes his face.

"What? What's going on," I finally manage to croak. Bruce shushes me but nods acknowledging my words.

"We got you back to the Medbay at the Mountain. Once you were stable, we decided to move you to the watchtower," he explains.

My brain still feels fuzzy, but I understand his words. I look at him with a loose smile.

"How long," I whisper as my body feels stiff with disuse.

"You've been out for a little over two weeks."

Well. I missed the school dance and Babs is literally going to kill me. I don't even think Bruce could stop her wrath. Maybe I should start praying.

Bruce draws me back from my thoughts as he gently places a glass of water at my lips. I gulp it down, not realizing how thirsty I was. Bruce goes to refill it but pauses once he sees my face.

"What's wrong? Do you hurt," he panics, setting down the cup in a hurry and grabbing my hand.

I shake my head." Babs is going to murder me," I yelp.

Bruce's body quickly relaxes as a heavy breath escapes him. He gives a little chuckle." Alfred called the Commissioner and said that you were drawn away for Wayne Tech business in Japan. Now the Commissioner may have lost his head, I don't know."

I give a little laugh and nod. So hopefully she won't skin me and worse comes to worst... blame Bruce.

I end up having to stay in the Watchtower for about a month. Bruce is very strict on who could come and because it was at the Watchtower, the team doesn't get to visit. Bruce only let Wally and Kaldur come as they already know of the Watchtower, thanks to us being the original sidekicks.

I can tell Wally has a hard time coming here. He stands stiffly by my bedside at all times and he isn't his normal chatty self. His sad eyes take scans every once in a while down the bed, accessing me. I try to tell him that I am fine. I can tell he doesn't believe me. He shoves a smile on his face with a small nod.

Kaldur comes and tries to comfort me. He tells me of the team and how they are doing. He tells me of M'gann and Conner. He tells me that Wally hasn't really been responding to his and Artemis's usual qualms. He tells me they haven't been on a mission since and all the mentors are very tense with the incident. He tries to distract me with words of Atlantis, but he can definitely tell that I am hung up on the team.