Black x Reader

Finally, a decent idea! I've been trying to write all day, but I keep not being able to think of anything. I don't think it's writer's block, just an annoying side effect of staying up too late every day this week and frying my brain. Anyways, I hope y'all like this chapter! Have some fluff *throws kitten at reader* okee, my work here is done~! 

"C'mon, (y/n), what's taking you so long?" Black called. He was standing at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for his friend. They were going to a dragon festival in Iccirus City. That is, they would go if (y/n) ever finished getting ready. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming", (y/n) called, putting the finishing touches on her hair. She swept down the stairs in satin slippers and a (f/c) yukata. A fan was tucked into the front of it, and her (h/c) hair was held up with an ornate display of pins. 

"Wow. . . " Black said, staring at her. "(y/n), you look nice!"

"O-oh", she replied, blushing a little. "Thanks, Black."

The two of them walked from where they were staying at the Pokemon Center to the center of the town, where most of the festivities were taking place. 

"It's so beautiful. . . " (y/n) breathed, looking around wide- eyed at the glittering decorations and vendors selling food and trinkets. 

"Is this your first festival?" Black asked. 

"Yeah. Mom never let me go to any. She said there were too many people and I might get lost or kidnapped or something." (y/n)'s mother had always been very protective of her. She was worried about losing her daughter, just like she'd lost her husband to cancer. 

No one could've predicted that she herself would have a sudden heart attack and die, leaving her sixteen-year-old daughter completely alone in the world. The only ones who had been there for her were Black, her best friend, and his mom. 

She'd spent most of her time at home alone, until Black started dragging her out to do new things. First on the list was ice cream floats. Her mom believed that soda was too sugary for her to drink, and they rarely had ice cream for the same reason, so it had tasted like heaven the first time (y/n) had a root beer float. 

The next thing they did was ride the longest roller coaster at Nimbassa City's amusement park. She had been so frightened at the sudden movement of the loop-the-loop that she'd hidden her face in Black's jacket and wrapped her arms around him tightly. Neither of them knew just how much the other had enjoyed that ride. 

This was the third new thing Black was making her try. It had been almost two months since her mom's death now. 

"Earth to (y/n)", Black called, waving his hand in front of her face. 

"Yeah?" she asked. 

'You sorta spaced out there for a minute", he explained. 

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about something."

"Your mom again?" She sighed, looking down and nodding. "Hey, cheer up! Let's go get cotton candy."

She nodded, forcing herself to smile at him. "You've had cotton candy before, right?" he asked. 

"Yeah, once with Mom at the fair."

Black noticed her getting dejected again, so he grabbed her hand and pulled her into the crowd. When they found a stall selling cotton candy, Black bought one for himself, but (y/n) told him she wasn't hungry. He frowned and shrugged. "Suit yourself. You can have some of mine if you change your mind."

"Thanks", she said. The excited atmosphere was finally getting to (y/n), and she started enjoying just walking around with Black. 

They stopped to watch a group of people dancing. Black pulled (y/n) into the group and started dancing. She hesitated before joining in, twirling and stepping in time to the beat. The dance was pretty simple, so the two of them had no problem fitting in with everyone else. 

(y/n) just let herself fade into the music, forgetting all the past two month's pain for the moment, just letting herself dance. The music stopped, and (y/n) was forced to stop as well, spinning one last time. 

She looked around for Black, but it seemed she'd lost him in the crowd. No problem, she told herself, he's got to be around here somewhere, right?

Finding him was easier said than done, however. After half an hour of searching, (y/n) finally found him at a shrine. It was decorated with carvings of dragon-type pokemon, and he seemed to be looking for her. 

"(y/n)! Thank goodness I found you!" Black said, relieved. 

"What are you talking about?" (y/n) asked cheekily, "I found you, not the other way around."

"Yeah, whatever", Black huffed. "I'm just glad you're safe."

"Me, too." (y/n) was hungry after all that dancing and searching for Black, and some of Black's cotton candy was still left, so she leaned forward and took a big bite. 

"Hey! I thought you said you didn't want any", Black said. 

"Well I changed my mind."

"Fair enough." Black took a bite as well, and held it out so they could share the rest. 

"Thank you", (y/n) said when they'd finished. 

"It was just some cotton candy", Black replied. 

"No, not that, silly. You helped me when no one else was there. You've always been there for me. I've never realized this before, but. . . you're like a brother to me, Black. No, more than a brother. I. . . I think I love you, Black."

"I love you too. I love you so much, (y/n). It hurt to see you in that sort of pain. Just promise me- promise me you'll never leave me."

He wiped a sparkling tear off her cheek with his thumb. "I promise", she whispered. 

Black hugged her, holding her close. "Let's pray at the shrine", he suggested, and she nodded. 

The two of them knelt before the shrine. "I wish I could be this happy forever", (y/n) said. 

Black seemed to think for a minute before he said his prayer. "I wish (y/n) would kiss me."

"Black! You're not supposed to pray for things like that!"

"Why not?" he whined. 

"It's selfish! If you wanted me to kiss you, you should've just asked me."

"Okay. Can you kiss me?"

(y/n) laughed, a sweet, beautiful sound. The (h/c) girl leaned closer to him, kissing him gently on the forehead. "You missed", Black told her. 

He kissed her, on the lips this time, embracing her while he did so. He didn't let go for a long time.