Gladion x Reader

UPDATE TIME~!!!

I got tagged 0_0

Details later, oneshot now.

So like, I'm super busy with school. I'll keep updating, but it might be every week or two. SORRY!!! I update this story more regularly than my others though, so be happy! Also, I can't publish most of the time, because my tyrant parents like leaving the internet off for no reason. Hmph.

(y/n) hurried through the Aether Foundation. She'd been closest to here when it happened, so she figured this would be the best place to find help.

"Wicke!" she called, spotting the motherly woman carrying a stack of paperwork.

"Oh, hello (y/n). What's the matter?" Wicke said, turning.

"I'm not sure. I was just finishing up a battle, and I collapsed for some reason. I thought I'd see if you could help, since I was close by anyway."

"Hm. . . let's get you down to the lab right away. That sounds serious."

The two of them hurried to the labs, and (y/n) got a check-up from a friendly Aether doctor. "No signs of harm, disease, or any other ailment. I just have one question for you. When's the last time you slept for over eight hours?"

"Um. . . a couple weeks ago. I've been getting naps during the day, but it's been a week or two since I actually slept in a bed. . . " (y/n) admitted.

"That isn't healthy. You need to sleep," the doctor informed her. Thank you, captain obvious.

"Okay. I'll just do a bit more training, then sleep-"

"No. It sounds like the reason you haven't been getting enough sleep is because of all the trainers you've been taking on. No more battling, no more training, just lay down and rest somewhere quiet," someone said. (y/n) turned to see Gladion leaning against the door frame.

"How long have you been there?" she asked.

"A while," he admitted, "I didn't come in sooner for fear of getting in the way."

"So you've just been standing there watching me for twenty minutes now?" she said.

"Yes. Now stop trying to change the subject. You need to rest."

"I'll be fine, edge lord. Worry about yourself! You have a whole company to run."

"Which is exactly why I get my sleep every night."

(y/n) gave him a withering look. "Fine. Then it's right back to training, though."

"Alright." Wicke left, taking the doctor with her. Gladion said goodbye to (y/n), then escorted her to the entrance before watching her fly off on a charizard.

He hated watching her go. Her (h/l), (h/c) hair blowing in the wind behind her, back turned to him. Most of all, he hated the feeling being away from her left in his chest, a feeling like a lead weight was dragging him down.

One day, he wanted to kiss her, to cuddle with her and curl up on the couch together. One day, she would be his. That day was not today.

A few days later, Gladion was looking for (y/n). No one had seen her since she'd gone to Aether Paradise. She wasn't one to just disappear like this, so he knew something must've gone wrong.

Suddenly, something on the ground caught his eye. It was (y/n)'s shoe! He picked it up, looking around the area for more clues that she'd been there. A cave was nearby, so Gladion ventured into it, keeping Type:Null's pokeball close just to be safe.