Falkner x Reader

So, has anyone heard of Marginal #4? Cause that's what I'm rocking out to right now. Is it bad that only about a quarter of my music is in a language I understand? Also, the video above isn't actually related to anything but a song in this chapter. I really love this song though! It's Quisero by CNCO just so ya know. 

I actually ship Falkner with Morty, but oh well. It's not my otp or anything, so I guess reader can have him. Also, thanks to you amazing readers, we just broke 980 views!!! Let's go for 1000!!! ONE MORE THING- if ya can't swim, just pretend you can. Don't ask, read the oneshot.

Wind whistled outside the Violet City Gym, making people run for shelter from its merciless claws as it pulled at hair and clothes alike. One girl didn't seek cover, however. (y/n) just let the wind whip through her hair, savoring its touch. 

"(y/n), you're going to get sick if you stay out there much longer," a voice chastised. 

"Yeah, I know. It just feels so nice and fresh."

"Put on a jacket, babe." Falkner, the gym leader, tossed her his jacket as he stepped out of the gym. 

"What about you?" she asked, putting it on.

"I'll be alright."

The two of them stood side by side, Falkner's arm over (y/n)'s shoulder casually, making the girl lean into his warm body. Days like this were fewer and fewer recently for the two of them. (y/n) was still trying to collect all the gym badges, and Falkner had his gym to look after. 

"I wish we could just stay here forever," the (h/c) girl said. 

"I know. It's such a beautiful feeling."

They stood there for a few more minutes, the silence shrouding them and making them relish this moment even more, if that was possible. "Let's go in," suggested Falkner finally, and (y/n) agreed. 

The gym was closed today, as Falkner had wanted to spend as much time with his girlfriend as possible. They settled on the couch in Falkner's apartment (which was an add-on behind the actual gym). After a few minutes of cuddling, (y/n)'s stomach growled, so they went to the kitchen to forage. 

(y/n) hit a button to turn on the radio, surfing through the channels until she heard something promising. She stayed on that station, swaying slightly to the Spanish (Meh, substitute Hoenn or something if you want) music. Quisero, by CNCO. 

Falkner set up some ramen to cook, and grabbed his girlfriend's hand, pulling her off the bar stool she was perched on and into his arms in one swift movement. Her hands went around his neck, and he placed one hand on her hip, the other on her shoulder. They stood there, swaying like trees in the wind together, as the soft, quiet music played. (y/n) played with Falkner's soft blue hair as they danced, her hips moving gently while her boyfriend stared into her eyes. 

The music sped up a bit, and (y/n) grasped one of his hands, spinning beneath it and returning to his arms afterward. The song continued, coaxing them into a new array of moves, mainly consisting of more swaying and hip moving. 

The song finished, leaving the two awkwardly standing while they waited for the next to start. It did, and it was one of (y/n)'s favorites. She took the lead this time, both of them moving gracefully around the kitchen as they danced.      

The music stopped, and the station went to commercials,  but the two didn't stop dancing for a few more seconds. When they did, Falkner lifted (y/n) up onto the counter. Leaning forward, he was inches from kissing her when the timer buzzed. "Stay," he told her. 

The ramen was done, so he put it in bowls and returned to (y/n). Falkner handed her one, and once they'd both finished eating, he pulled a box of pocky sticks out of the cupboard. 

Placing one end in his mouth, Falkner leaned towards (y/n), who took the chocolate side in her own mouth. They each worked their way towards the middle, and when they their lips brushed, neither backed off. 

Giving his girlfriend a look that dared her to back off, Falkner kissed her, embracing her and pulling her into the kiss. She melted into the passionate, soft kiss, clutching Falkner's shirt and pulling him even tighter against herself. 

He picked her up, carrying the (tall/short/idk) girl in his arms. "Hey babe?"

"Hmm?"

"Want to go to the beach?"

"Um, Violet City doesn't have a beach. . . "

"I was meaning we could fly to the beach."

"Sure," she said. When Falkner got like this, it was best to just go with it. 

He grabbed their jackets, still holding (y/n), and reluctantly set her down so they could get ready. When they were both dressed for the wind, he scooped her up again and carried her out the door. 

Releasing Pidgeot, Falkner placed his girlfriend on its back and climbed on behind her. They took off, soaring into the air, and Falkner made sure (y/n) was securely on Pidgeot's back before banking and flying off. 

"Where are we even going?" (y/n) asked. 

Falkner didn't reply, instead he just kept flying. They flew through a cloud, the moist air clinging to the girl's (h/l) (h/c) hair. A wisp of cloud trailed after them in the wake of Pidgeot's flight as they left the cloud. 

(y/n) cried out in joy as Pidgeot swooped low and quickly caught an air current to limb up again in one fluid move. Falkner grinned, sensing her excitement. All too soon, they'd reached their destination. 

Pidgeot wanted to explore, so it arched low over the cerulean ocean, flipping so one wing was straight up so its two riders slid into the warm water before completing the movement and doing a full barrel roll. 

(Starfox, anyone? Anybody?? DO A BARREL ROLL!!! Okay, enough ANs. Sorry.)

"Hey!" (y/n) squealed, splashing her way to the more shallow water. She was soaked. Falkner chose then to splash her from behind, making her even more soggy. "Not you too!" she said, but it wasn't long before she was splashing him back. 

(y/n) kicked water at Falkner's face, dousing him in a big wave, before slipping underwater and making her escape. He followed, swimming after her into a forest of aquatic plants. They both ran out of oxygen at the same time, swimming to the surface for a breath of air. 

After a minute of recovering her breath, (y/n) grinned cheekily at Falkner. "Catch me if you can!" she cried, turning tail and swimming down again. This time, Falkner used his longer arms to his advantage, catching her and pressing her lips to hers. 

He shared his air with her, keeping (y/n) underwater for as long as possible before they both needed another breath. Swimming to the surface hand in hand with Falkner, (y/n) felt something wrap around her leg. A piece of kelp had tangled itself around her ankle. 

Falkner felt her stop, and turned to see his girlfriend struggling to peel something off her leg. He dove deeper to help her, and together, they managed to get the slimy seaweed off of her. Unfortunately, neither of them had very much oxygen left at this point. 

Falkner wrapped his arms around (y/n), tugging her up with him. They burst from the water, sucking in lungfuls of air gratefully. Without warning, they both burst out laughing. Then (y/n) choked on some water and coughed. 

"Are you okay?" Falkner asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for saving me," she replied. They both made it back to shore and sat down on some driftwood. Falkner started a fire to warm them up, and not long afterward revealed that Pidgeot had some emergency supply bags holding, among other things, marshmallows. 

Eating a perfectly golden marshmallow by the light of the setting sun, cradled in Falkner's warm arms, (y/n) felt like she'd finally found heaven on earth. It was beautiful here, and the setting sun cast its orange glow on the couple, painting Falkner's blue hair an interesting color. 

She wouldn't be moving anytime soon, that was for sure. 

If you like your marshmallows burnt or uncooked, first of all, what is wrong with you? And second, just pretend you like them golden and fluffy.