0.2

Millie's pov

It was the day of the meet and greet and I was nervous. NYC was beautiful, but we were on a tight budget. My family had money, but not enough to go crazy with.

I came with my mom, and she was excited to be here. She's wanted to come here since she was little, and was perfectly happy with just being able to be here with me. We are going to stay for a few days after the event just to walk around and take it all in.

Our hotel room was small, just room for us. I wanted to make a good impression on the cast, but not seeming like I tried to hard. I let my short hair naturally go to the side and combed through it. I applied a little mascara and lipgloss, and a some contour to enhance my natural features. I put on a white shirt, a pink bomber jacket with some embroidered hummingbirds on it and light blue jeans (you know the outfit).

My mom pulled her purse over her shoulder. "Ready to go?" I adjusted a light pink headband in my hair and grabbed my phone, sprinting out the door. My mom followed behind me and shook her head, laughing.

We waved down a taxi and went to the center. I was shaking with anticipation, and I fiddled with my hands as they grew sweaty. Maddie texted me.

Maddie💯💕🔥: r u almost there ????

I laughed and texted back.

Me: almost😆😆

I turned it off as we drove past Central Park. It was so green, very different form the grey all around us. "Mom, can we maybe go there?" I put my finger on the window and pointed at the forest.

"If it doesn't cost anything." She looked through her bag and pulled out her credit card. I looked to the left side of the car and a crowd of people were starting to gather near a tall building. I checked my phone. 11:43. The meet and greet doesn't start until 2:00. It's a good thing I have a battery charging phone case.

I stepped out of the taxi and my mom payed for the ride. I waited for her and then we wove through the stand still cars. As I ran over to the crowd, I looked ahead and saw that a line extended into the building. I was just next to the street.

The line moved slow for the next few hours and at one point my mom got us hotdogs which weren't to bad. I had butterflies flying in my stomach and kept running my fingers through my hair. I texted back and forth with Maddie, and she was able to calm me down a bit.

A few hours later

When it finally started, we were in a 3rd level floor, with about 300 people dispersed in an unorganized line though out the room. I was about 75 people away from meeting them all. I didn't know what to say, or do. Maddie told me to get a selfie with each, but the director of the event said 15 seconds an actor.

I was so close, and I felt like I would have to throw up. I ripped and pulled a piece of paper in my hands and I was only a few people away.

My breathing got heavy and I took deep breaths. In and out, in and out, in and out. "Next!" Someone called and I half tripped, half walked my way up to the line of people I idolized.

Finn sat there with a smile on his face. "Uh, hi." I sheepishly waved.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you, what's your name?" 10 seconds left. Did he just ask my name? What's my name again? I couldn't think straight.

"It's Millie, Millie Bobby Brown." I mentally slapped myself, I should've just said my first name.

"Well it's nice to meet you Millie, I'm Finn. But you probably know that." He winked at me and I swear I died inside a little. I didn't know what to say and stuttered through the next sentence.

"Can I-I get a picture with y-you?" I pulled out my phone and he posed next to me, giving a thumbs up.

Then he pulled out his phone. "Can I get a picture with you?" It had to have been over 15 seconds by now, right?

"With me? Uh, sure." He snapped a picture of us and I smiled.

"It was nice to meet you Millie Bobby Brown." He gave me a hug. I pulled away.

"You too Finn Wolfhard."

I walked over to the next actor, Noah. He was really nice and as sweet as his character Bill in Unexplained Happenings. The rest of the cast was amazing, and I love everyone of them.

The cast was amazing, and it would be great to get to know all of them. But I had to get back to reality.

••••••••••

This idea of Millie being a fan was based heavily on milevenwheelers  book Just a Fan, but I can promise you it won't be like hers. I really liked her story and got inspired! And Kaia if your reading this I love your story. Ily!!❤️❤️