12.

A month later

Marie’s POV

Matt was shot that night, that fateful night that I almost died. But thanks to him. I was saved.

I haven’t left his side since we’ve been in the hospital; and when they released me, I came straight to his room and haven’t left.

He hasn’t woke up, and I can’t help but think this is all my fault. If I would’ve just left them kill me…they wouldn’t have shot Matt.

The door opens and I glance at it, it’s my sister her baby bump is starting to show. “Marie, babe…you need to eat. Matt wouldn’t want you to sit here everyday and not eat anything.”

I roll my eyes ignoring her. She huffs, “Really don’t roll your eyes at me.” She sits beside me.

“I brought you tacos. Lets eat a little.” Sighing and knowing I’m not going to get out of eating I look at the chair and sniff the food. My mouth starts to water and my stomach growls I didn’t realize how hungry I was.

“Thanks.” I say through a bite of taco. “This…is…so..good.” She smirks. She acts just like Syn now.

“I knew you were hungry.” I smile at my sister who rubs her belly.

“How is the baby?”

“She’s good.”

“It’s a girl?” I asked shocked, I didn’t even think she was that far along.

“No, well I am hoping we don’t know yet it’s still too soon. I just say her, because I don’t like saying it.” She giggles and takes a bite of her taco as well.

Spending time with my sister was good for me. Took my mind off of Matt and I didn’t even hear him.

“Marie?” He says raspy. I look at him shocked.

“M..Matt?” He smiles at me and I run to him and hug him careful of his wound.

“Hey baby. I thought I’d never see you again.” He says to me and I can’t help but sob.

“Hey, don’t cry. I’m fine.” He pulls me back and wipes my tears.

“I love you matt.”

“I love you too Marie.”

Sorry it’s sort but I wanted to get something out for you all!