Prologue ✓

~Hailey~

We stared at each other awkwardly. I didn't know where to start or if this was even right. In my mind, I'd rather be at peace and that means tying up loose ends or cutting ties with my past. 

"4 years, huh?" He chuckles, reminiscing. 

"I guess, " I shrugged. So much has happened over the years that it felt like a fever dream. 

"So how is life treating you?"

"It's treating me pretty well, I've gone through therapy after everything that happened," I smiled, proud of myself. 

"That's good, I'm proud of you," He says drinks his coffee.

"It feels unreal to see you again," I manage to say.

"Maybe it's a sign?"

"What sign? A stop sign?" I joked. 

"For us-- for a new start," He catches himself.

"As friends? Yeah, that sounds good," I answered, contrary to my plan of cutting off ties. 

He looks out the window. "I want more than that, Hailey. And I think you already knew that."

"Kevin, I'm married to a well-mannered man. What kind of new start do you want?"

He quickly turns back towards me, taken aback.

"Oh, you're married? The guys never told me about that. Congrats. How many kids?" He smiles, as much as I hate to say it, I still knew the difference between his real and fake smile. 

"I'm not ready for that." 

"I wish I approached you earlier, maybe then-"

"Kevin. Let's not talk about this," I cut him off. 

"I'm just getting nostalgic, I'm not out to get you," he reasoned. 

"You're nostalgia is making me uncomfortable. I'm in a happy and devoted marriage with someone who took me seriously."

"I took you seriously, Hailey!" He exclaimed, having a little outburst. 

"Don't raise your voice at me and don't make a scene in public. I was going to cut ties with you, I'll consider a good new start but nothing more. Take it or leave it." I stood up, fixed my jacket and walked out of the shop.

Did I make a good choice?

~End of Prologue~

A/N

Hai~ Guys~

Finally got that out! I hope you'll find this book THRILLING! And I made it earlier than expected... So Okay, Yay~!

Comment down what you think... Vote and I hope it gets the same love as the first book!

Bai~

~Scarlet