Chapter Five ✓

~Hailey~

I badly wanted to sleep, especially when it felt warm in Jake's arms but my thoughts kept bugging me, haunting me rather. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I start to cry as I walk down the aisle and head over to the altar. I dreamed of this day, this blessing to happen. 

At first, his face was a blur but as I walked closer, I see MY husband. MY man... The guy who knelt in front of me, with a ring in one hand and my hand in his other hand.

I wiped my tears with my free hand and carried my bouquet with the other.

When I finally reached the altar, he offers his hand out and smiled at me. I smiled back looking him in the eye.

He nudges me closer to him and he whispers "I love you Hailey."

His voice was different, I looked back and see Kevin there instead. 

I jolt forward, waking up. It was just a dream.

Jake sits up from beside me and pulls me to a hug. "Are you sure you're okay, love?"

I looked at him and nodded. "A dream can't hurt me, hun."

"Are you sure nothing had happened after I went to bed?"

"I just need more rest," I laid back down on the bed and faced my back towards him. As loving as he was, he hugged from behind and snuggled close to me.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I went outside and watched the sunrise, wrapping a scarf around myself as I sat on the sand. I inhaled the scent of the ocean. Then, I hear crunching noise of sand under someone's foot. I didn't bother to look behind me as the person sat beside me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

"I love you, Hailey. So tell me when something's wrong."

I simply nod. Jake makes me look at him and planted a gentle but passionate kiss on my lips. I kiss back as I let the worries wash away with the waves. 

"Thank you for your patience with me, hun."

"You're my wife, we had our vows and we keep to it. You're my priority now, okay?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

At the corner of my eye I see someone slowly walk away, as if in dismay.

~End~