Chapter Ten ✓

~Hailey~

"I have to get something in my apartment," Kevin say as he pulls up and parks at the side of the road.

As I waited, I looked around the vicinity and see a familiar face. I know she was part of an obstacle in my life before but people can change. Becca Fonzier. 

I hop out of the car and called her over. She looks around finding where the voice was coming from. Once she sees me, she walked over and smiled.

"Long time no see, Hailey," she smiled.

"Same goes for you."

"Are you hanging out with your husband?" She asks.

"Oh? How'd you know? I didn't see you at the reunion."

"Oh, my family was in a business trip and I decided to come with them, cause they're going to make me the CEO soon. Plus, news travel fast," she shrugs. 

"Congratulations," I greeted her. 

"But I didn't expect you and Kevin to break up since you two looked so..but I'm happy for you" she sends me a warm smile.

"Thank you," I smiled back.

"Let's go, Hailey. I've got what I need," I hear Kevin run over to us.

"Kevin?" Becca says when she noticed him.

Kevin glares at her and walks over to the driver's seat. "Let's go, Hailey"

Kevin still has his temper issues, I see. I quickly hopped into the passenger's seat and gave Becca one last look and waving her goodbye as we drove off.

After a few minutes, he pulls the car over then hops out. He then walks over to my side and opens the door for me. I got out and see the ocean. It was amazing. There were railings keeping me from running down into the sand. I felt Kevin shuffle around behind me.

He held a necklace in his hand, trying to form his words. 

"Would you take this from me? I was supposed to give you this back in college but.." he looked at me apologetically. I simply nodded, I would treat this as closure of a sort. I wish it stopped there but after he places the necklace on me, I faced him. 

We had stared into each other's eyes for long moments before he had closed the distance and placed his lips on mine.

~End~

A/n

Short chapter, but writer's block is a pain. So I took that chance when I had ideas. It's the last day of exams tomorrow, wish me luck ^^ so I can hopefully update soon! :3

Bai~

~Scarlet