Chapter Four ✓

~Hailey~

"Kevin." I coldly called back out to him. Inside, I felt like my feet were stuck to the ground and I couldn't retreat. 

"Hailey, you don't know how much I've missed you." He moved towards me and fear enveloped me, like darkness surrounded me and the only things that were there were me and him. He hugs me but I couldn't find the strength to push him away. 

I lost all words until he pulled away. He looked like a mess, more than me. His next words sting me. 

"I'm sorry.."

Could you really blame my trust issues now if I couldn't help but doubt him? I could've forgiven him before then, before someone's blood was spilled because they were dragged into our problem. 

"Hailey, say something," he begged. 

"What's there to say?" I spat.

"I said sorry," He lowered his head in shame. 

"Do you think forgiveness is that easy to just give away? My feelings, broken and healed, they're not some charity."

"I just thought this reunion would be good to move on from the past," he shamefully pleaded. 

"This reunion was made to catch up with friends, you may be friends with them but you're no one to me. I have accepted what had happened but that doesn't mean I've forgiven and forgotten."

He was about to say something when someone calls out to him.

"Kevin! There you are!" We looked at the direction that the voice came from.

"Vivian? Why are you still out?" Kevin asked her. She grinned at him then smiled nervously at me.

"Oh! I have news, just to distract you from whatever this idiot bothered you with," she tells me. "I'm engaged!" 

She holds her hand out, showing off her diamond rind.

"Congratulations, you too!" I greeted her before pulling her into a hug. She looked shock and was about to say more when my phone rings, displaying my husband's name. 

I apologized to them before I rushed off to my hut, only to have Jake tell me to join me in bed already. I smiled as I eagerly did, glad that he got me out of that awkward situation. 

~End~