Chapter Fourteen ✓

~Kevin~

I'm the happiest right now, and I'm willing to make Hailey happier that I am.

But I should stop fantasizing me and Hailey kissing and saying "I love you" to each other, all she did after all that singing I did was hug me and smile. Then she thanks me.

Yes, if you haven't caught on.. She and I didn't kiss. It was all in my wildest dreams.

I sigh as I held Hailey in my arms as we continued to admire the scenery. "Weren't we supposed to go have fun today? Not.. Mope because of me," she suddenly says.

"No, it's fine, you can rest for a bit and calm your nerves, then we could have fun."

"Where?"

"Wanna meet up with some old friends?' I said as I play with her hair. I didn't tell her that I invited Emily, John and the others to tag along."

Her eyes widen at me. "Of course! Where to?" She sudden excitement makes me smile. This is what I love about her, she's jolly and she tends to be that way.

"Remember that resort we went to after graduation?"

"You mean that place where we first..." She trailed off, a little embarrassed about bringing it up. She's honestly so adorable.

"Yes, that one." I smirk.

"We're going there?" 

I nod in reply.

"We can have a heart to heart there?" I smiled, hopeful of her response.

"Sure. But don't go alien-weirdo on me"

"I'll try not to," I wink at her and she glares back at me. Her glare resided to a pout and she hugs me. I soon get a text from Dan asking where the hell me and Hailey were. I had to explain to him what happened and say that we were on our way.

"So.. Let's go?" I smile, holding my arms out to catch Hailey and she happily jumps into my arms. She kisses my cheek, leaving me dumbfounded as she skipped her way into the car.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I dropped Hailey to her parent's house first, to collect her stuff that's good for two or three days, we plan to stay overnight and I'll get my stuff next. I see Hailey wave her parents goodbye as she slung her backpack on one shoulder. I went by my instincts and went out to help her.

Before I she and I get back to the car, someone calls me. Yes, her parents.

"Oh my, you're not Jake.." Mrs. Ford analyses my face. "Oh! Kevin, Dearie, I didn't know it was you," I politely approached her and she embraces me in a warm hug.

"It's been a long time, Scott," Mr. Ford greets me next as he flashes me his dashing smile.

Before I greet back, Hailey beat me to it. "I love you little reunion and all, but Kevin and I must really be going."

"Oh, Alright take care, Hun," Mrs. Ford bids us goodbye

"Goodbye, Mrs. Ford," I smiled and nodded at Mr. Ford as I made my way back to the car.

Once me and Hailey were about 2 houses away she sparks up one heck of a conversation.

"You're welcome," she says loudly.

"For what?" I glance at her from time to time, confused.

"I expect a thank you? God Kevin, what's with being so ignorant"

"Huh?"

"You could've been bombarded with questions by my parents!" She does this little hand spaz to prove her point.

"Oh yeah, thanks!" I smiled. She groans and slides down on her chair. The urge to tease her was in my mind.

A few minutes later, as if she was dazed, she tells me something.

"Hey, Kevin?" I feel her stare boring onto the side of my face.

"Yeah?"

"I missed you.." She suddenly blurted out.

"You what?" I held in the laughter that dared to burst out. Quickly realizing what she said, Hailey look away and I got ready for her long speech of convincing, and I wasn't ready enough.

She pouts at me. "You know, I could just kiss you if you keep pouting at me."

"Married Kevin.. I'm Married"

"To a cheating liar.." I mumbled to myself, not wanting her to hear and get offended. "Why don't you get some rest, It'll take us a few hours to get there."

She nods and relaxes in her chair.

God, I'm whipped with this girl.

~End~