Chapter Nineteen ✓

~Hailey~

The doctor updated us with what happened with my dad and I felt weak at my knees. I was lucky that Kevin was there to hold me.

"He's in a comatose because his heart's tissues were damaged badly. There's a 50/50 chance of him living after that amount of time, but he will be bedridden when he wakes up. We recommend private nurses to take care of him and an alarm for him to press because he will slowly lose his ability to communicate."

I looked up at Kevin and tears blur my vision, he said no more and thanked the doctor then pulled my head closer to him and held me for what seemed like an eternity. I didn't mind because it felt like heaven.

"Thank you, Kevin," I bury my face on his sweater. He smells like vanilla as he holds me closer. Besides that, I start getting distracted as I felt how built he actually was.

Don't imagine it, Hailey

"Do you want to go and distract yourself with food?" he offered.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

~Kevin~

We arrive at Mc'Dees. (;-; I don't want to be copyrighted or something) and I fall in line to order some food, the regular food Hailey and I usually eat.

"Kevin, I need to take this call is it okay?" she tugs my sweater and I smile at her adorable face.

"Sure, take your time," I notice the worried and frustrated expression she displays for a split second as she turns around. She walks out of the food chain and I was next in line. Soon, getting out orders I find a table and wait for Hailey there. 

I want to tell her that I would leave the country for my job, and I would be staying and living there, but I don't think it would be the time to tell her. With her father and all that's happening, I need to be there for her. I have a purpose to stay. I don't care if it's a big job offer, I just want to be with Hailey so I can help her.

The food was getting cold so I asked for it to be taken out and we can just eat it in the car. Once I had the paper bag in my hand, I went to the car and placed it inside, texting Hailey that I'd wait in the car.

Before I hopped in the driver's seat, I caught a glimpse of Hailey at the corner of the parking lot. I walked closer and was about to call out for her, but then I see Jake. He sees me at the corner of his eye and kisses Hailey, she places her hands on his chest, kissing back. I felt a pang. 

Hailey pulls away pushing Jake and looks behind her. She looks at me with wide eyes. She was about to run to me but Jake holds her.

It's probably best if I just leave. Hailey doesn't need me, or someone like me. I start to drive away and notice that I still had the food so I dropped it off at the hospital. I know it hurt to see but I still care about her. Along with the food, I left a sticky note telling her I'm leaving and that she should be happy. I messaged manager and told him I'd take the offer and not long after, I receive a reply.

"Brilliant! Try to be at the airport in 4 hours, the plane leaves then and you don't have to bring any documents, just your passport and pack up. I'll see you soon!"

That's it, I'm leaving and never coming back. I visit the cemetery and wished Lace's grave goodbye too and as lucky as I can be, it starts to rain.

~End~

A/n

Hai~ guys..

I was hit by writer's block really bad. And didn't I say that Kevin will have a point of view when the book is about to end? Well here it is. Let's see what's in store for us.

Happy ending or not?

Who knows? (The author. Duh. :3)

So yeah, the ending will be really emotional and it's coming up soon (I think)

Thank you for the Silly comments and the sass and the votes and everything. The support has been wonderful, I can't believe that my book can receive this much attention.

Bai~

~Scarlet