Chapter Eighteen ✓

~Hailey~

We stayed in the hospital for a bit to wait for further news from the doctor. Two days from now, my father will either be given another chance to live or to be at peace. I'm staying as optimistic as I could and it helps that Kevin stayed the night with me, even though he fell asleep on my lap.

We're on the couch in my father's room. The last we heard from the doctor was that my father didn't need a donor and even said it was a miracle that he didn't need one. I brushed Kevin's locks and couldn't help but smile. I don't feel guilt, is that bad? I have a husband and I don't feel bad for staying and leaving with another guy. 

I thought he was different. It doesn't help his case that he had sex with her because he couldn't wait for me. I'll file those papers soon, I'm sure of it. For now, I'll keep it a secret from Kevin. His head is big enough, I don't want to keep feeding his ego. I lean down and kiss his forehead. I guess I really might be falling for him again.

I looked over at my father in a deep sleep. His state looks like he's not even in pain, how can he even do that? Eitherway, he's good at pretending. I can't even pretend that I'm okay. People see right through me. Maybe not all of them, but still. It's like being an open book-no, it's like being naked.

Sometimes it's embarrassing to show people your tears and to let your guard down in front of them, it's bad to show your weak side but it only proves to them that you're alive and that you're a person. Everyone deserves respect and everyone has dignity which we let them crush.

Too much of anything is bad. 

Too much love could end up with a one-sided relationship. 

Too much kindness could make you gullible. 

Too much aggressiveness could get you in trouble. 

Too much of anything could get you hurt.

Too much or too less, it's all bad.

That's why we have yin and yang. It's all to remind us that we MUST keep the balance because balance is what keeps us at ease. It's what keeps us alive.

Kevin soon wakes up and looks up at me. "Hey, gorgeous" he smiles at me.

I pinch his cheeks and retort, "Hey your face, you're so heavy" I start to push him off and he just laughs at my failed attempt.

"Hey, I wanted to know if you and I can try again," he looks at me, suddenly serious. As I said, I want to keep it a secret so I cheekily replied.

"I'm not so sure about it yet." His face suddenly falls and he looks away.

~End~