Chapter Fifteen ✓

~Kevin~

Once we get to our destination, I realized how a heavy sleeper Hailey was. I carried her to the room, nodding at our friends as I passed by. After laying her down in bed, I took the bags up to the rooms.

No, although we had our moment it still didn't feel right to share a room with a married woman. 

I went downstairs to see everyone talking to each other. Yes, they all ended up settling down, except for Emily and John. You would think that they would be together, but no not yet. I guess John isn't ready for that sort of commitment yet. It's not that he didn't want to be married, him? The one crazed for Emily? He was just shy and all. But from the looks of it, they looked more married than any of the pairs. It made me jealous.

After a few sparked up conversations and interrogations I excused myself to take a quick shower. They mentioned taking a swim and yacht tomorrow. I put the towel over my bare shoulders as I tossed my shirt onto the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I went in and felt the steam against my face as I closed the door.

The distinctive humming caught my attention as a pair of legs stepped out of the shower. This would be hotter if it were a different situation but-Oh f*ck someone is here.

"Kevin! Get out!" She shouts as she threw a bottle of shampoo at me. I dodged it as I went out and closed the door behind me.

"I'm sorry! I didn't see anything!" I quickly defended myself. 

"I didn't lock the door, so it kind of is still my fault. Though, I thought the sound of water would be enough to tell that it was occupied."

"Hurry up then. Oh and we'll be in a yacht tomorrow"

"Alright" I hear her say.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The rest and I went up to the yacht and I looked around for Hailey only to find her in a breath-taking bikini.

She's so beautiful..

She smiles at me once I was in her line of sight. 

"Hey Kev" she greets me. "Let's go!"

I couldn't catch what she said until I realized that they were waiting for me to get on, and so I did. She helped me up and the yacht started moving a great distance from the shore where we could jump down and see the fishes and corals underneath. We arrived in that very place I speak of after a few minutes. The group opened up a bottle of champagne.

"Are you going to go for a swim?" She suddenly asks me as she hands me my glass. 

"Not really in the mood to."

"Oh..well, I don't want to leave this yacht," she laughs nervously. I smiled, knowing what she meant. 

I watched her as she turned around and placed her glass of champagne on a table and danced to the song that just played. The guys in the water started to cheer for their girls and the girls, in return, bid to their entertainment.

Just as Hailey danced, she misses a step and falls off the boat. I cuss inwardly as I jump in after her. She doesn't know how to swim!

I grabbed her hand and held her tight as I swam up. I laid her on the floor of the yacht and looked at her unconscious body.

"She needs CPR." Emily instructed me.

As much as I wanted to enjoy kissing her, I just parted her lips and pinch the bridge of her nose as I blew air in her mouth. Once I pull away, I gently pushed down on her stomach, pumping the water out. It took me three more times to make her cough out the water and as she does, I rub her back and helped her sit up.

She looks at me with trembling lips and hugs me. I could hear her sobs, they were faint but audible. It broke my heart.

"Are you okay now, Hailey?" I said as I hug her back.

"Holy shit, I almost drowned," she says.

"You're a tough cookie," I smiled at her and she nods in reply. She lets herself be comfortable with the warmth of the crook of my neck.

God, I love her. I still do.

~End~