Chapter Five

Marinette's PoV

At some point during the night, Chat Noir had left Marinette while she was sleeping, leaving her tucked in her warm bed. Though she would never admit it aloud, knowing it would only boost his large ego, he was the best cuddle buddy she's ever had the pleasure of cuddling.

Now that she's said that in her head, Marinette realized how weird it was.

She groaned as she rolled out of her bed to the sound of her mother calling her name as a wake up call. Normally she would be freaking out about school and how late she was at this time, but after the akuma from last night, school had been called off for the rest of the week, leaving her to help her parents in the bakery for the next two days.

"Marinette!"

"I'm coming Maman!" Yawning as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes before stretching. She searched her room for any signs for her small, cookie-loving friend, smiling gently as she saw her cuddled up next to a half-eaten cookie. Her desk was littered with crumbs, even though Tikki always tried her best to eat as cleanly as she could but after that powerful akuma, Nightmare, she needed as much energy as she could get after purifying him while using a great deal of strength. And not only did she need a lot of energy, but she needed it quickly so Marinette cleaned the crumbles up for the tired kwami.

After that, she changed into her normal baking clothes and a newly washed apron that was going to be dirtied within minutes after she stepped into the kitchen. Glancing one last time at her inviting and warm bed, she sighed before hurrying downstairs after Sabine called her name once more.

~~~~~

A familiar ringing came from the bell on top of the bakery's door. Rushing to finish placing the freshly baked macaroons inside the display case, Marinette was very unprepared when she saw bright orange sneakers walking towards her.

"Hey Marinette!"

"Eek!" She jerked her head in surprise at the sudden intrusion of Adrien's voice, the back of her head connecting with the metal bar of the display case. Squeaking, she clutched the sore spot she ducked out of the case to stand up. "Er, hi A-Adrien." Nervously laughing, she tried to rub the bump forming as she grinned up at him, mentally cursing herself for making a fool in front of her friend once again. She may not have a crush on him anymore, as she loved Chat Noir, but proving her clumsiness to Adrien once more was not on her bucket list. "What can I get you?"

"Are you alright, Marinette? That looked like it was painful." Not giving her any time to respond, he leaned over the counter and the cash register, placing his hands on her head and pulling her towards him so he could inspect the injury.

With tender hands, his fingers delicately brushed his fingers against her dark blue hair, removing her hand from the spot and replacing it with his own. Her bright blue eyes darted over to the Gorilla as Adrien liked to call him. Expecting a normally placed scowl on the bodyguard's face, she was definitely shocked when she saw the stone faced man giving a small smile at the duo.

"Does it hurt?" Adrien's fingers brushed over her injury once more before pulling away to look her in the eyes. A light pink blush dusted over her porcelain cheeks, against her own will of course, as Adrien performed an act that she would have experienced from Chat Noir.

"N-No, it doesn't hurt. W-What is it that you want?"

"Oh, right!" As if suddenly realizing where he was, Adrien grinned at her. "I'd like half a dozen macaroons, please."

Nodding, she bent back down to where she was previously at, carefully placing the new macaroons into a box before handing it to Adrien. "That will be 9 euros, please."

Handing her the euros, Adrien turned to Gorilla. Some unknown communication passed through the two apparently, as Gorilla grunted before taking the box of macaroons and leaving the bakery. Turning back to Marinette, his grin had turned smoldering, morphing into something that Chat would wear.

God, she is really thinking too much about Chat Noir today. Maybe she should go on patrol, even if it is not her turn tonight.

"I have some tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show based on the Avatar. A little birdy told me that you like the Avatar as well, so I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?"

Marinette stared at Adrien in shock, her eyes widening as her jaw dropped.

I don't know who told him, but this has to be too good to be true. I don't even remember telling anyone about that as well...

"I uh, yeah! That sounds awesome, when is it?" His green eyes visibly brightened at her answer. If it were at all possible, his dazzling smile sparkled even more.

"Great! It's on Friday at six. I can come pick you up at five-thirty, and afterwards maybe we can go to dinner at the Eiffel Tower?"

This is so ironic. When I finally get over him and fall in love with someone else, who I am actually dating, he decides now is the time to ask me out to something similar to a date.

"Can I give you my answer on Monday?" She bit her lip in worry. Marinette could never do this without getting Chat Noir's approval first. It wouldn't feel right to her, and she wouldn't have been able to enjoy her time their with her friend because she knew she would feel as if she was cheating on Chat. "I-I need to talk to someone before I can go."

Adrien smiled in understanding, passing her a ticket he had stuffed in his jean pocket. "Yep. Monday it is then." Giving her one last smile, the blond model exited the bakery.

"Chat Noir... I hope he understands."

~~~~~

"Go ahead."

What?

"What?" Voicing her thoughts, she glanced up at her blond kitty in shock. She was expecting more of a fight on this topic, knowing from past experiences with a jealous Chat. "I mean, you are completely okay with me going with Adrien to Cirque du Soleil, and then having dinner in the Eiffel Tower?"

"Well, when you put it like that, yeah." Seeing her incredulous look, he straightened his back. "Adrien is a model right? So he wouldn't do anything that could ruin either his or his father's reputation, or that could potentially hurt you right? That, and I know that you love Avatar from when we watched the movie, so go. Plus, I know him, so it is really okay."

"Chat, you are seriously the best!" Wrapping her arms around his torso, she tackled Chat into a bear hug.

"I know I am. Though why you want to see a whole bunch of blue aliens that we apparently have the ability to create their bodies is completely beyond me."

"Says the guy who has a ring that can give him magical powers." Marinette quoted from the first time they both watched the movie. Chat laughed before muttering something along the lines of "Whatever, you just don't want to admit that you are wrong" before correcting himself as Marinette abused his arm with her fists.

Marinette gingerly gave Chat a closed mouth kiss, before pulling away and collapsing onto her pink spinning chair before turning on her computer which now held a picture of a black cat, no not Chat Noir but an actual cat, sitting in front of a lit up Eiffel Tower at nighttime.

"Speaking of watching Avatar, I was hoping you would join me in a movie marathon?"

"Movie marathon? A marathon with you would be my pleasure. Now, give me that seat." Picking up the petite girl, Chat sat in her seat as she squeaked in protest before setting her down on his lap.

"Now, what are we watching?

Sorry for the long wait! I promise that there will be two updates this week for Stitches.

QOTC: Have any of you been to a Cirque du Soleil show?

AOTC: I have. I went to, wait for it, the Avatar one last year. It was amazing!

Until next time, peace!