Chapter Eleven

The night was going great so far. Marinette was happy, and Adrien was content just seeing her smile and her look of awe as the dancers swayed in the air above them. They twisted and turned, surrounded by  float drapes. It was pretty cool to watch, he had to admit.

But it was exactly at that part that a resounding crash came from behind the set, shocking everyone, including the dancers. Another loud boom came and this time an unsettling feeling washed over Adrien. He swore quietly just as the curtains behind the performers swung open. A woman who looked like she was in her mid twenties, walked out, black hair bundled upon her head. She wore a dark dress that had blue stripes across the skirt and an extremely long scarf hooked around one arm over the the next.

Adrien could see the faint butterfly symbol hovering over her face, confirming that she was, in fact, an akuma.

"I am Soie Aérienne, queen of silk acrobatics!" Her voice echoed withing the large building, greeted by dead silence. After a moment or two, people everywhere began screaming and fleeing towards safety, presumably getting over their shock. Soie Aérienne didn't let them get too far though. She flicked her scarf in her hand and the silk material stretched far, shoving the door closed before any civilians could escape.

With her other hand, the other end of her scarf wrapped around the woman painted in blue that was still up high in the ribbons, pulling her down to her.

He needed to do something and quick.

Simultaneously, both he and Marinette stood up. She turned to say something to him, but he didn't give her the time, pulling her through the rows of seats to an area that he could deem safe enough. His eyes came to a closet, close to the akuma. Soie Aérienne didn't pay any attention to them, focused solely on the woman wrapped up in her silk. He shoved Marinette into the closet.

"Stay here. I'm going to get some others." A lie, but to be fair, he was going to try to defeat the akuma, so he thought his heroics would make up for it. He closed the door, before darting off to behind the curtains, determined to transform and help the lady in Soie Aérienne's clutches.

"Adrien! Wait!"

·····

Marinette groaned in annoyance as the akumatized woman appeared on stage. They were getting to the good part of the performance too! She shot up, already feeling Tikki thrum in her purse, ready to jump into action. Suddenly, Adrien's hand wrapped around her wrist and pulled her along, ducking underneath the extended scarf and pushing her into a closet near the akuma.

"Stay here. I'm going to get some others." He turned around

"Adrien! Wait!" Marinette didn't get time to stop the blond teen from running off as Tikki pushed her way out of Marinette's purse.

"You have to transform, Marinette." The ladybug kwami reminded her. She nodded in understanding, closing the closet door after scanning the room. All the civilians were huddled together in the opposite corner, so she felt that the coast was clear. The familiar phrase tumbled out and within seconds she was covered in the black-spotted spandex, a pink light filling the room before disappearing as quickly as it had came. She peeked out the door, and with her luck, no one was paying any attention to it.

She ran towards the area she had last seen Adrien, determined to make sure that her friend was safe. But what she saw next made her skid to a stop. He was in front of her, looking around the curtain he was hiding behind when a small black thing flew out of his pocket. "You owe me a wheel of cheese after this kid, I didn't even get to finish my slice!" She heard the blob complain to Adrien.

"Yeah, yeah." Adrien said, waving the blob off. "But we've got bigger problems right now. Plagg, transform me!" A bright neon green flash blinded her and the next thing she sees is familiar black leather, a belt like tail, and a pair of dark cat ears perched on top of messy blond hair standing in the same spot that Adrien had been.

Marinette, now Ladybug, was glued to her spot, her baby blue eyes wide with disbelief and shock. A flurry of emotions overcame her and she wasn't sure which one she should be feeling. Should she be angry that he transformed in a completely open area without checking to see if anyone was around, or happy that the boy she had loved and the boy she was in love with were the same person, or what.

She also maybe kind of wanted to throttle him at the moment, but he jumped out from behind the curtain before she could act upon the thought. She could hear the angry shouts from Soie Aérienne, before she leapt into action.

She swung her yoyo towards one of the ceiling supporters, the indestructible cord wrapping tightly around it. She pulled down slightly on it before being yanked up into the air and swinging into battle next to Chat Noir.

That cat's going to have a lot to explain after this is done.

This was actually pretty fun to write. I can't wait to write the fight scene in the next chapter.

Until next time, peace!