Chapter Sixteen

In all honesty, Adrien didn't really know how this was going to play out. After Marinette had seen the bright pink sticky notes he had thought that she would accept his apology, maybe even give him a hug for all that he had done. A kiss though? Never crossed his mind. If he were Chat Noir at that time, then he would have definitely expected kisses from her, but not as Adrien. He wasn't really complaining though. Despite all the thoughts that were circling around his mind, he was kissing her back with the same ferocity, burning lips sliding roughly, yet sweetly against her slightly chapped ones. His hands clutched at her hips, aching fingers digging in  gently, as if her were anchoring himself to her. And when hers were twined around his neck, his mind went completely blank. He didn't allow himself to think of whatever consequences could come after, or the strain that could potentially be placed on his relationship(s) with her. No, he just wanted to live in that moment, let it all play out. He watched as her pretty eyes, the eyes that always reminded him of the sky on a sunny summer day, flicker shut.

    Marinette did her best as she concealed the faint wince, thinking about how stupid she was. She didn't know what she was supposed to do. She didn't want to tell Adrien that she knew he was Chat Noir because she didn't want to push him to reveal himself if he wasn't ready. But she also didn't want him to think of her any differently because she was kissing the identity she wasn't dating, and he didn't know that she knew. And oh god this was just getting too confusing. She didn't think that she could even keep up with it anymore. She was tired. She didn't want to keep dealing with the backlash from Sandman. She didn't want to keep her stupid freaking superhero identity a secret from him anymore. She didn't want him to keep his stupid identity from her anymore either. But most of all, she didn't want to keep feeling the confusion and pain she felt, and she didn't want to have to think everything through, coming up with lies about literally everything!

    She just wanted them to be them, to be simple.

    And she didn't think that this kiss would help her achieve her goal of simplicity. But she just didn't care anymore. She wanted to let go, let it all go. It didn't matter anyways. He was kissing her back, and even if it was out of reflex, he was kissing her back. And when she brushed the tips of her fingers along the nape of his neck, she didn't feel the familiar cool leather. She felt his abnormally warm skin, the hair that curled at the base of his neck. It was all unfamiliar territory and she loved every bit of it. Adrien seemed to as well as a quiet purr rumbled deep within him.

    And then their peace was broken when the first bell rang. Adrien wanted to throw his head back and groan at the horrible timing, remembering that they could only keep the classroom like this until the first ringing of the bell. But he was still as Kim came barging into the room, yelling something about leaving his bag of chips in here yesterday. His boisterous entrance tore Marinette away from Adrien who was frozen stiff.

    "What the hell?... Why is there pink? Did I miss something?" Kim gasped, slapping his hands against his face as he turned to Max, who would in with a face of confusion as he took in the pink room. "Did I wake up in the future? Max! How old am I?"

    "You're fifteen, idiot." Max answered with a roll of his dark brown eyes. He snatched one of the bright pink slips off Adrien and Nino's desk, reading it with inquisitive eyes.

"'Marinette, you are one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. I love it when you kick your dad's and my butt at Ultimate Mecha Strike III.'" Max read aloud.

    Adrien's tan cheeks flushed a light peachy color, running one of his hands through his hair in agitation.

    "Max can you guys just help us clean this up before everyone else gets here? Please?" Marinette asked in embarrassment, trying her best to ignore the bright rouge that covered her cheeks and the tips of her ears. She didn't make any eye contact with the strange duo, and Adrien couldn't meet her eyes either. And that's when Alya burst into the room with Nino's hand in her grasp. Her caramel eyes were alight with excitement and the air around her seemed to just ooze with enthusiasm. In her hand was her cellphone and when Marinette zeroed in on the cellular device her grin widened even more, eyes glinting with what could only be called devilishly.

    "Don't worry. I totally got it all on tape Adrien." Adrien paled considerably, his green orbs widening to the size of discs. With all the planning that Alya had been in on, he should have known that she would record it. Hell, when there is an akuma, the girl goes running after it with her phone recording. That and she was about as curious of cat as himself. "Also, just a heads up, Chloé is on her way, and she is not happy that her perfect attendance is being ruined."

    If it were possible, Adrien had paled so much that he looked like a corpse to Marinette. He had completely forgotten that he and Alya had set up several obstacles to make Chloé late today. So not only will he be dealing with a severely pissed off Chloé, but if she saw this World War III would break out within this very classroom. His panic seemed to pass around to every individual in the room. The room was dead silent for a second.

    Suddenly, everyone ran to a different corner in the room, ripping off the sticky notes with large swipes. Max was on Kim's shoulders to reach the higher spots, Alya and Nino jumping wildly to knock some high ones down as well. Marinette worked on the desks and benches on the right side of the room and Adrien worked on the ones on the left. Everyone brushed the papers onto the floor in a rush. Amongst the chaos, Marinette cursed under her breath, forgetting that Adrien could hear her with his more advanced hearing.

    "A Lucky Charm would sure be helpful, huh Tikki?" Her purse shifted slightly against her hip, Tikki patting her encouragingly. Adrien, on the other hand, frowned as he overheard her complaint. He wanted to shrug it off as Marinette talking to herself, as he found that she often did, but this Tikki name was rubbing him the wrong way. He could swear that he had heard that name before, but he was certain it wasn't from Marinette. But Adrien didn't say anything. For all he knew, Tikki could be a popular name that he didn't know about. Maybe.

This was totally supposed to be longer and not end on this, but I have Theatre until midnight so this is what you are going to get!

Until next time, peace!