Chapter Seventeen

Super long chapter for ya! Please tell me what you thought about the fight scene and the akuma! It truly makes my day!

    Unfortunately, the rest of the day was just as eventful. After they got all of the sticky notes and placed them in the recycling bin, Chloé had made it to class before Mme. Bustier, and everyone was sitting in their designated seats. It almost seemed as if nothing happened. But something did happen, something big. And Adrien just couldn't get his head wrapped around it. Marinette hadn't said a word since the incident, scribbling away on her touchpad the second the professor had stepped in the room. Alya was giddy, literally bouncing in her seat, momentarily pausing to shake Nino until Madame told her to stop, and then returned to jumping. Adrien, on the other hand, was staring straight at the blackboard, pondering.

    Marinette kissed him, and in his civilian form too! The experience was exhilarating to him, and he wanted more. Her fingers had left behind trails of goosebumps on the back of his neck, and he could feel her cool skin underneath the fiery tips of his fingers. He could have felt her hair, something that he had no doubts would be the softest thing he'd ever feel. He wanted to feel greedy when it came to Marinette. He didn't want any restrictions when it came to her, whether it be as Chat Noir or Adrien. He wanted to be with her whenever he wanted, whenever she wanted. And it made the desire to reveal his secret to her even stronger. By God, he wanted to, but he knew his partner wouldn't be too happy about someone knowing his identity. So, he'd just have to do a little purr-suading when they met up for patrol later in the night.

    And it was then that a loud crash resounded throughout the room, Madame Bustier rubbing her head in annoyance. She had just started the lesson, and already something was going on. She told the class what their homework was before they all filed out of the room. Who was she kidding? She knew fully well that none of them would do it anyways.

    Once he was out of the class, the rest of the teens broke into sprints, racing out of the school to get to their house as fast as they could. Making sure to go unnoticed, Adrien slipped into the male restroom, checking the stalls to make sure he was alone. "I guess we could have a little chat with Ladybug after this," Adrien snickered, Plagg rolling his bright green eyes at his chosen. Really, the only bonus of this kid was the Camembert. He couldn't even make puns as good as his! Plagg really needed to teach the kid how to make some amazing puns.

    "Yeah, yeah. I want a wheel of Camembert after this." Plagg grumbled, slightly ticked that the akuma decided to attack before his hourly snack. This time it was Adrien's turn to roll his eyes at the cat-like kwami before calling out his transformation. In a flash of neon green, Chat Noir took Adrien's place, a casual smirk carved on his face. "Let's take care of this, shall we Plagg?"

   Marinette briefly flashed in his mind but he knew he wouldn't let himself be distracted by it. He knew that if anyone in Paris could take care of herself against an akuma, it would be her. He had always known that, especially after the Evillustrator. It made him even more disappointed in himself that he had actually believed Sandman's fake reality. Sandman had seen Marinette as a weak little girl who couldn't fight for herself, and Adrien had let himself go along with it. That should have been his first clue that it was a nightmare, and then the fact that Marinette would fall for Jace, of all people.

    A cloud of darkness shadowed the cheerful mood he had been in, replacing it with a grimace. He wouldn't let this get to him, he wouldn't let this affect him anymore than it already had. He had Marinette now, and was back to the truth. No matter what he had thought, no matter what he had wanted to do then, it's all in the past. It's a new leaf, a new page for him. And he was going to make Marinette and Ladybug proud.
Adrien took a deep breath before plastering a charming smirk on his face, refusing to let the negative feelings get him down. There was a loud thud, and suddenly a soaked Ladybug was flying through the bathroom's door, right into Chat Noir. Adrien yowled in surprise, sounding like a cat whose tail was just stepped on. He was forced to the ground by Ladybug's unexpected weight, cushioning her fall. The spotted heroine groaned quietly, shaking her wet hair before lifting herself off her partner. She looked down at him in surprise, her cobalt eyes widening considerably.