Chapter Eight

"You didn't think of asking me for permission to buy these tickets?"

Two things, Adrien mused to himself, One you wouldn't have picked up even if I called you, and two it doesn't even put a dent in your money.

Adrien was beyond frustrated. Though he knew Marinette was so worth all the scolding and pain, it still annoyed him that his father is scolding him for trying to have a little fun in his life as Adrien Agreste. "No I didn't, father. I am sorry."

Gabriel scowled at his son, clearly not appreciating his disobedience. "And you bought two, why? Who was the second person you asked to go with you?"

"Nino," Adrien lied. He knew that if his father found out he had asked a girl, a daughter of a baker nonetheless, he wouldn't let him go at all. He didn't like lying about Marinette, she wasn't something that anyone should be ashamed of or try to hide, but when it came to his father he was forced to hide her. He held back the shiver as goosebumps ran down his spine at the thought of what his father could do to her and her career as a fashion designer if he ever found out. Adrien couldn't risk that for her, it was her dream.

Gabriel glared before clearing his voice. He was displeased but he supposed his son could go. "You will be doubling up your lessons and photoshoots if you go to this." Gabriel warned. Adrien nodded silently before leaving the cold office. As soon as the door closed behind him, Plagg popped up out of his shirt pocket, nibbling on a piece of cheese.

"Wow, that was intense kid." Adrien agreed with the kwami. He rejected Plagg's offer of camembert, rolling his eyes as Plagg mentioned something about suiting himself before tossing the block into his open mouth. "This is why I keep telling you that cheese is better than women."

"Well, now that that is done, why don't we go visit my princess?"

·····

"Adrien asked you to go to Avatar with him?" Marinette hummed in respinse, rubbing the black paw print necklace Chat had given her on her birthday some time ago. It seemed so far away, but in reality it was just mere months back. She winced as Alya screeched into the phone, pulling the device away from her ear until her friend managed to calm herself down.

"This is great, girl! He asked you out! How long have you been waiting for this moment?" It is true, that this would have been great having him ask her out. But that was before Chat Noir started visiting her. She couldn't help but feel like she was betraying her cat by going with Adrien, so that was when she had decided.

"Yeah, but I'm not going to go." The line went silent for a few moments, almost convincing Marinette that the line was dead. A second later Alya spoke up.

"What do you mean, 'you're not going to go'? You've had a crush on Adrien for such a long time! What happened?"

"I got to know somebody who managed to steal my heart." She told her best friend honestly. She had never even considered dating Chat before, always being blinded by the sun that was named Adrien. And it made her feel terrible. She was so enchanted by him, she had ignored the best person that was always there for her. It made her sick to her stomach. She was just glad she managed to open her eyes before it was too late and she lost Chat forever.

"Since when?! Is it that boy that gave you that necklace?!" Marinette chuckled softly at her friend's questions as they continued to pour out of the receiver, not once stopping for breath as she continued.

"Yes Alya, he gave me the necklace on my birthday. Yes he's cute. He's super sweet and protective, though he thinks his jokes are funny when they're really not, but he still manages to make me laugh when I'm upset. He knows just what to say, and when I don't want him to say anything he knows exactly what to do, almost as if he can read my mind. " Which Marinette is pretty sure that he can't do. Last time she checked, cats can't read people's minds... Can they?

That'd be creepy, Marinette decided. She nearly missed the next question Alya had asked her, which pulled her out of her ridiculous thoughts. "Who is he?"

I'd like to know that too. "It's a secret." She stifled a laugh as Alya groaned on the other end before a series of knocks rang through out her room. Immediately knowing who it was she grinned. "I need to go. Talk to you tomorrow?"

"Yeah," Alya said. "I'll find out how this mystery man of yours is though! See you, girl." Alya hung up, and Marinette tossed her phone onto her chaise as she scrambled up the ladder of her bed to get to the trapdoor that lead to her roof.

"Evening, princess."

"Chat! Perfect timing! I was just about to tell you that I decided to not go to Avatar with Adrien." Chat stilled but not enough for Marinette to notice as he peered down at her curiously.

"Why not? I thought you were super excited about it," The confusion was clear on his face.

"I don't think it's fair." Chat let himself in as Marinette flopped onto her back, looking at her ceiling. He made himself comfortable next to her, pulling her legs into his lap. It was becoming a habit now, he realized. He loved that every time he did this, one of them would tell the other that they loved them. He couldn't get enough of the confession of feelings.

"I want you to go to it, Marinette."

"But, I feel like I'm betraying you."

"Why?" He squeezed her calf gently as he trailed his claws from her ankle to her knee and back down. He smirked as he saw the goosebumps left in his wake.

"If you still want me to go after I tell you this, than I'll go, but I really want to get this off my chest." He reassuringly squeezed her knee, telling her to go on.

"I loved Adrien Agreste."

Uh oh. How is Chat going to react? Hopefully we'll, right? Anyways, I'm back from vacation! Sunburnt like hell, but it was fun!

Until next time, peace!