Chapter Fourteen

Alya was excited, eager, enthusiastic , feverish, fired up, thrilled, wired, ecstatic, and any other synonym she could think of for excited. While normally she would've been grumpy after the minimal amount of sleep she had gotten last night, thanks to Adrien (Couldn't he have called her before two in the morning?), she was looking forward to see how their little, (more like huge), plan would work out.

That said, she also wasn't that happy about all the favors she had to call in. As a future journalist, she knew that having contacts with higher ups and being owed favors did a lot for your job, but she would do anything for Marinette to be happy. Even if it meant losing a few of those hard earned favors.

You win some, you lose some, She thought as she waited at the front door for Marinette to come. The bluenette had surprisingly been coming to school earlier than she usually did for the past couple of weeks. Not that Mari was early by any means. She was just not arriving just as the warning bell rang. Still an improvement though, in Alya's opinion. The rest of the class is currently circled around the door to their homeroom, peering in quizzically as Mme. Bustier asked them to wait outside.

Alya let out a breath of relief. She was most worried about that part. She had to pull the suspension card on Monsieur Damocles and remind him what happened. It's going to be worth it though. It just so happened to land on the day where Chloe's dad had taken her with him to Milan, so it worked out in the end for everyone. Well, that actually depends on how this ends up.

At last, Marinette's dark head came rounding the corner of the gate, jogging up to Alya with a somber smile on her face. That was the type of grin that she wore now, and Alya was sick of it. Hopefully it would be long gone if Adrien pulls this off.

"Morning Alya." Marinette greeted, adjusting the strap of her purse on her shoulder. Alya noticed, with her trained eyes, that Marinette was nervously rubbing the chain between her thumb and forefinger. The movement was so dismal, any other person wouldn't have seen it, but Alya was her best friend, not to mention the bespectacled girl wanted to become a journalist which meant she had to be observant.

"What's up girl?" It was said as a greeting, but meant as an actually question. Marinette had noticed too, if the slight widening of her eyes as they shifted off the side for a millisecond before returning to Alya had anything to say about it.

"Nothing much," the pigtailed girl shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "Where is everyone?"

"They're already at class."

Okay, Alya. Showtime.

That's all for this chapter guys! If I'm being honest, I have no idea what I'm gonna do for the next chapter. I don't even know what the plan is!

Until next time, peace!