Chapter Seven

Adrien's PoV

"I'm so excited, Chat! I love Avatar, y'know?" Chat smirked as his girlfriend whirled around to face him. Though he was acting nonchalant on the outside, he couldn't deny the fact that seeing the pure happiness in her bluebell eyes as her delicate pink lips stretched into a warm grin set his heart racing. Even still, after twenty minutes of seeing it.

In a few more days, Marinette would finally go out on a public date with him. At least, one side of him will.

"Yeah, princess. You've told me about fifty times now." Her brows bunched together as her cheekbones turned a brilliant shade of pink.

"I'm sorry kitty. I'm annoying you, aren't I?"

"Quite the opposite actually, ma cherie. I find you adorable right meow." He didn't miss Marinette's cheeks morphing from bright pink to a dark red. It was so easy to make this beautiful girl in front of him blush, and he loved it more than he thought was possible.

He watched her hands clasp together as she twirled around to her chaise before falling back on it. "I wish you could go Chat. It would be so much fun to see it together like we did when we watched the movie."

She blew a strand of blue hair out of her face before turning her head towards the male dressed in a black cat suit that she called her boyfriend. He sat in her swivel chair at her desktop, both feet prepped on the seat, making him crouch above it. "You'll have to tell me all about it the next day so it's like I was there."

Even though I am going to be there...

"Yeah!" The bluenette glanced at her digital clock. The red numbers flashed 8:39. "Didn't you say you had patrol at eight though?"

"Yeah, but I can just leave it to Ladybug for one night. I'm sure she won't mind."

Marinette smiled at the thought and was about to say okay, until she remembered that she was, indeed, Ladybug. "No, you should go. I'll wait up for you. After all, what safety does Paris have without its famous black cat there to protect Ladybug?" Chat frowned at that. He knew what Marinette was saying was right, but that didn't mean that still would rather spend the night with her rather than his spotted friend. And he also knew that Ladybug would need him if an akuma did pop up, whether it be for making him a distraction or for just using his cataclysm.

"I promise I'll make the patrol as short as I can, okay? I don't want you to stay up too late." He hopped off of the chair he was crouching on, making his way over to the petite girl before shoving her over to the side of the chaise, giving him enough room for himself. Her giggle was like heaven to his ears as he pulled her on top of him, refusing to let her body touch the pink cushion.

"Wanna watch Avatar one more time before you have to go?"

"Of course I do. I have to criticize the logic in the movie again." Her bubbly laughter filled the very pink room as she tried to roll off the superhero, only to be stopped from his arms that were caging her in.

"You have to let me go if you want to watch the movie kitty."

"Or, and this is just a thought here princess, we can lay like this for the rest of the night." He just really wanted to spend as much time with her as he could before he had to go back to greet his father and welcome him and Nathalie home after a week away in Thailand for some fashion show. Normally, he would go along seeing as he was his father's leading model, but he managed to come up with an excuse about a big physics test and an English test as well, including his Chinese and fencing practice.

That, and he had only eleven minutes left before he absolutely had to leave, so he didn't really have time to watch a movie with her.

"Mmm. Not gonna argue with that." Not even a second later, she was turned so her chest was pressed against his leather covered one, arms wound around his neck and she was snuggling into his collarbone. Adrien tucked her under his chin, resting it on the top of her head as his green eyes stared holes into the ceiling above them.

He could only imagine what his father would tell him.

~~~~~

During the short time that Marinette was laying on him, she managed to peacefully fall asleep on his chest, making it all the more hard to leave her to go back home, but he managed. Now, he was standing at the door with Gorilla as they patiently, more impatiently for Plagg who was pinching Adrien's side repeatedly for his Camembert, for Gabriel to return home.

The tickets for the Cirque du Soleil performance were shoved into his pocket, reminding him of what his father would most likely yell at him about. He may or may not have bought them with his credit card, and knowing his father, he would have found out by now from one of his many, many financial assistants.

Though it wasn't a significant amount of money out of the Agreste fund, his father did announce to them that if anything such as concerts or plays were to pop up to alert him.

Man, did he have a tight leash on his son.

Now, the only obstacle standing in the way of his half-date (what he called it, since Marinette didn't really know he was Chat Noir) was his father, and that was one hell of a sturdy obstacle.

The creak of the big doors snapped Adrien out of his thoughts. He raised his eyes, meeting icy blue ones that he used to fear as a child.

"Welcome back, father." The pale haired man held a stoic face as he simply nodded once at his son.

"Adrien."

Oo I wonder how this talk is gonna go. Do you think anything might happen at Cirque du Soleil? Or maybe during Chat's and Ladybug's patrol?

Until next time, peace!