Chapter 4

Mami woke up again, but this time she didn't feel anyone's presence lying there with her. She rubbed her eyes, stretched her body and sat up, putting the hoodie aside. The fire was still very much alive.

And Haruna was sitting there, not far from her, observing the flames. There were some fish roasting very close to it, too.

- I thought you wouldn't wake up today, Mami. - Haruna said with a smile, facing her.

- It's still the same day? - the blonde asked, and the vocalist giggled - I feel like a truck ran over me. - then she observed her now bandaged ankle again, and pointed at it - Who did this?

- Rina-chan.

- Hm. - she nodded and looked at her own clothes again. A long light blue shirt with too many buttons and grey office pants - And who...? - she made a gesture indicating the clothes.

- All of us. - Haruna said, and laughed when Mami made a shocked face - You were blacked out, big head. It's not easy to freakin' bathe and dry and dress a passed out person, you know.

- I don't know if I should feel grateful or abused... or both. - the blonde stated, and Haruna laughed harder.

- There was no abuse, we didn't leave Tomo alone with you. - the leader mocked her, and almost screamed in laughter when Mami blushed furiously.

- You'll never give me peace again, will you?

- No, never. - Haruna gave her a big mischievous grin - But seriously now, how are you feeling?

- Well, everything hurts, not just the ankle, and I'm hungry.

- You're lucky these are almost ready. - Haruna said and pointed at those fish roasting, and Mami smiled - Rina-chan and Tomo-chan did an awesome work here.

- They're amazing.

- Yeah. Tomo was sleeping by your side, but she went to help Rina-chan a while ago. - Haruna commented - It seems that she also didn't sleep at all last night, worried about us and afraid of the storm.

Suddenly Mami assumed a very guilty expression.

- And how are you feeling? - she asked the leader, looking at the fire in a vague way.

- Everything hurts a little, too. I’m not as bad as you, but carrying you all the way here was a little complicated.

- I'm sorry about that...

- Chill out, Mami-chan.

- And where are Timo and Rina?

- They're outside. Tomo is cleaning some more fish, like you taught her, and Rina-chan said she was going to wash our clothes somewhere.

- ... They're acting like our mothers. - Mami said and giggled.

- You two need that right now. - said another voice, and Mami turned to the entrance to see Tomomi walking in with another three fish on her hands. She smiled at the two of them and went to the fire, putting those along with the others, on sticks. - Rina-chan is putting your clothes to dry over the rocks, though there's not much sunlight today and all...

- She doesn't have to worry, we're not naked here or anything. - Haruna said, and then eyed Mami with a grin - At least not anymore...

- Stop that! - Mami replied, glaring at her in her best dangerous way.

- Don't argue, you two. - Tomomi said in an amused way and went to sit by Mami's side. She sat there and looked at the blonde in a worried way - How do you feel?

- I'm not at my finest, but I'll be alright. Don't worry. - Mami said in a dismissive way, smiling.

Haruna rolled her eyes and stood up, still grinning at her. Mami didn't know if she wanted to make a smart remark or throw something at her. Feeling another dangerous glare, Haruna just snorted and went to the entrance of the cave, to look outside.