Chapter 10

Haruna kept trying to escape that situation, but she only failed. The man was now holding both her wrists together on the ground next to her head, finally convinced that Haruna was actually capable of taking the knife away from him if he had one moment of distraction. He wasn't going to let that happen.

- You know, I'm sure your friends already heard you screaming and all, so why don't you relax now? - he asked in a fake innocent tone - It's not like they'll get here that fast to join the fun. And even if they do, what you think will happen?

He placed the knife on her chest and started to make light and long parallel cuts from there down. Haruna wasn't even trying to scream anymore, her voice was already gone.

- One has a broken arm, blondie can't walk, and the other one doesn't look like she can do much. But, you know, she did carry blondie all the way here, so... I hope she can surprise me when it's her turn. - he opened a wide smile, and the leader was already feeling sick just by seeing it, while his blade continued to trace her in that same way. She was trying very hard to think straight and get any idea, but nothing seemed like it would work. She wasn't strong enough to move him, couldn't punch him anymore and lost her only chance of stealing his knife. On top of all of that, there was also the crazy amount of pain she was feeling.

At that point Haruna was praying for Mami to miraculously appear there with the gun, but she knew that wouldn't happen. Mami was injured, and none of the others knew how to shoot.

Haruna never thought she would end like that.

- Oh I hate myself... now I don't know what I want to do first. - the man pulled the blade away again and seemed to ponder for a moment, looking at everything he had already done to Haruna. He then looked her in the eyes again. - Just in case you're wondering, sweetie, this is just foreplay. Things get a lot more fun from now on... But we don't wanna be interrupted now, do we? Think I should take you somewhere else... Oh! Good idea! I think I'll take each of you to different places, so it can be very unique to each one. I've done that before. It's a nice idea, isn't it?

As he mentioned it again, she only felt more desperate. It was sure as the sunrise that he would kill her and move on to her friends if she didn't do something. All of them would be tortured and killed by some psycho, after everything they'd been through.

He was laughing lightly, seemingly pleased with his own idea. There was only one thing left that Haruna didn't try yet, and now it seemed like she should. 

- Who the hell are you? - she asked, and her voice came out very low and weak due to all her screaming.

- Oh! You speak! - his expression suddenly lightened up, and she felt even more scared - Good, I was starting to think you didn't like me. - he let out another weird sounding laugh - Don't worry about who I am, I'm not important. Let's talk about you instead. - he lowered his face closer to hers - Such a beautiful girl, I wonder what made you so serious and tough and all that nonsense. Can you tell me?

He sounded as if he was just making casual conversation with someone on the street, and Haruna found that extremely sinister. He would change from laughing like a maniac to a fake simplicity or innocence, and then to mere small talk before going back to laughing and cutting her. He moved again, now lowering his face to her chest, and she felt like throwing up when he started to lick the blood from her cuts.

- Not gonna tell me? - he continued, looking at her again with his lips covered in her blood, making a pout - You're not being a good girl right now. I think I'll just take you somewhere else and you can have a little while to think about it. But first...

He moved back, but still holding her wrists on place. Then he held the knife with the blade turned down, hovering over her left thigh again.

- We don't want you running away now, do we? - he raised his hand as if he was going to thrust that knife on her with all his strength, and Haruna panicked.