Chapter 12

When the man finally opened his eyes, there was a gun pointed at him already. He seemed disturbed and even enraged at first, but soon went back to being his grinning and calmer self.

Haruna was the only one standing, holding the gun with an emotionless expression. The others continued sitting on the ground, and Tomomi held Mami more tightly when she realized the man was coming to his senses.

- Aren't we overreacting a little bit? - he started, but then Haruna took a few steps closer and stomped on his head, making him groan.

- You only speak when I ask you questions. We're the ones in control now. - he started to laugh a little after the inicial shock, but the leader ignored that. She wasn't going to let that creep play with her nerves right now, she needed answers, and she needed to take everyone back home. - Now, who the hell are you?

- I already said I'm not important, sweetie...

- Stop calling me that. You almost killed me, you almost killed my friend, I don't have much patience with you right now.

- Ooh, aren't we too serious?

- Shut the hell up when you're not answering her questions. - Tomomi hissed at him, and his face changed. Simply by hearing the sound of her voice, his expression morphed into something that resembled a wild beast.

- Someone else is overreacting now, it seems. - Haruna said, feeling really nervous about dealing with that man, but at the same time feeling wildly satisfied with the effect that Tomomi caused - I think someone doesn't like being beaten by women, huh. It sucks having to deal with these things called consequences, I suppose.

- Oh, you girls think I'm done, don't you? - he seemed to calm down, speaking in the same tone that he used with Haruna the night before - You're so naive, I really like that...

- How do you like crocodiles, buddy? - Tomomi asked, and he immediately stopped talking - Because I'm a big fan of them right now, maybe you wanna swim with them a little?

He turned his head so he could get a glimpse of the bassist.

- You girls don't have the nerve. - he spoke with a sinister grin, but Tomomi didn't let that affect her. He was defeated, he was tied and could only move if he decided to mimic a worm. He was done.

- I wouldn't doubt her, if I were you. - Rina finally spoke, and he faced her with surprise on his expressions - Now answer the question.

- You know girls, I won't answer shit. You hurt my feelings, you interrupted my precious time with blondie...

- Dude, go to hell. - now Mami spoke, and he faced Tomomi and her again - You're the most twisted piece of crap I've ever seen in my life. I wish I had shot you in the head last night.

- But you didn't, sweetheart. - he smiled, and Tomomi was about to lose her patience and yell at him when Haruna stomped on his head again and he screamed. None of them would let him address Mami after the recent events. - Why so violent?!

- Listen, you psycho. - she began, aiming at him again - Here are the questions. Who are you, since when have you been here, what were you doing in here, and why are you the only person we found?

- My name is none of your business. But if you're so curious about me, I've been here for many years, and I used to be a miner. It was probably ten years ago? I don’t know. I just stopped keeping track of time after a while. - he said and grinned again, then laughed - That was a shit job. You wouldn't marry a badly paid miner now, would you sweetie?

- Great, so you're not a pig only when you're trying to slice women. - Haruna said coldly - At least you have some coherence, though I think that doesn't even begin to make up for your lack of judgment.