Chapter 6

Haruna woke up with the sound of heavy rain, and slowly opened her eyes to see Rina sleeping peacefully by her side, turned to her and curled like a human ball under the blanket. The drummer looked like a child, and Haruna found that adorable. However, she wasn't seeing Tomomi or Mami there.

She turned on her side and then saw the two of them sitting very close together on the couch, wearing Mami's hoodie over their backs and holding the map on their hands. They seemed to be focused on something, murmuring things to each other while roaming the map with their eyes. They had their feet up on the couch and held the map to the height of their noses, and Haruna smiled seeing how concentrated they were, as they didn't notice she was awake.

They were probably making plans and thinking of the best ways to go to the radio tower based on what the map was showing, and that was very relieving. Haruna was happy they were already in that mindset, and those two always came up with good and creative ideas when given the time they needed to work together.

She thought of saying something, but the drowsiness was getting the best of her again. She was still very tired. Maybe she could sleep more, and better, now that the thunders stopped and Tomomi was quiet.

But she barely felt herself drifting to sleep when she forcefully woke up again.

Haruna was leaning against the park bench when she opened her eyes, and Mami was sitting by her side and looking at her with an amused expression. Teenager, black-haired Mami.

- Come on girl, you're not the only one tired here. - she said in a giggle, and then Haruna stretched her body and sat straight.

Right, they had just finished another rehearsal and were chilling at the park before going home. She was so tired that she fell asleep in the middle of some weird chat from Mami and Tomomi.

The bassist was eating some ice cream from a cup, sitting on the ground, and Rina was standing close to her, holding her drumsticks and looking at her own feet.

- Any of you want to do my homework for tomorrow? - Mami asked in a bored tone, pulling her Nintendo DS out of her bag - I can't look at numbers anymore.

- You're looking at numbers now. - Tomomi pointed out, gesturing to her game.

- Be quiet.

- No one's gonna do your homework, big head. - Haruna replied, and felt weird. Something wasn't right.

- Look, I really need to talk to you all. - Rina suddenly said, and all of them looked at her. Haruna thought she seemed nervous and awkward. - I don't think I can do this anymore. Playing in this band.

Mami almost dropped her DS on the ground and Tomomi broke the ice cream plastic spoon between her teeth.

- What?! - the bassist squealed and stood up, spitting plastic with a disgusted and shocked face.

- I can't do this, I really think I should stop before I drag you all down with me.

- What the hell are you talking about? - was Mami's question as she turned off her game and put it back in the bag.

- I really like all of you, I admire you very much, but this isn't meant to be for me. - the drummer kept talking while looking down, and Haruna noticed she was crying. She thought she saw that scene before, it was too familiar. - I completely suck at this and I'm not getting any better.

- Well, everyone here sucks, Rina! - Mami said, also standing up - We're terrible! That's the point in rehearsing...

- No, you're all very good at what you do. - Rina cut her words, wiping her tears and trying to calm down and stop crying. - You're getting better so fast it's even scary, but I'm not. So I'll leave, I'm sure you can find another drummer, a better one.