Chapter 3: Darkness

Ashton's POV:

Dark. That's how I would describe it. My life was completely and utterly dark. So dark that not even the light of God could guide me back to where I belonged. I was lost. So so very lost.
It wasn't always like this, at the beginning of high school I was in a good place, I had a loving family, I was part of a band, I had good grades, and a good girlfriend Bonnie. But once everything happened I just spiraled down down down and no one.... Absolutely no one could save me. But that's a different story. Right now I need money. It's been a couple days... Not very long since my last hit .... And I need it. It takes the pain away, it makes me forget. I have no where to go. Bonnie ditched me my sophomore year once I met my now best mate Luke. He introduced me to this escape and for that in a sick way... I was grateful? I pace back And forth on the side of the house.... Next to the window of my old bathroom. This was the last resort.... I needed drugs. But I also wanted my family. I had never been so torn... I threw a fallen brick through the window and climbed up. Nothing could have prepared me for what was waiting on the other side of that bathroom door.

***********

I brushed the glass off as I shakily stood up and took a glance at myself in the mirror. The last time I looked in this piece of glass..... The reflection was completely different. Tattoos and piercings now faced me and I hurriedly looked away not wanting to reminisce. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I looked up to see a girl. She was pretty average looking. Brown hair... Green eyes... But there was something about her. She looked completely and utterly petrified.... But somehow she looked like the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. But who was she ? I opened my mouth to say something when my brain snapped me back to the reality she had no idea who I was and I just broke through her window. But she was gone.
"Shit." I silently curse under my breath as I opened the door to follow this mystery girl into the kitchen. There she was amusingly holding a butcher knife.... Like she would actually cut me. Ha. All of sudden I was tackled by hugs and shouts from my siblings. I missed them so much. But of course I won't show it. After telling her to put the knife down..... She huffs into the living room. Everything after that... Was pretty much a blur.... Mom flipped shit and once again I was out. No money. No family. And I was crying. Crying because I honestly don't know which one I need more. But there is only one thing that stands out in my mind most..... Anna. Her name is Anna.