Chapter 6: Deal of dreams

Ashton's POV

The dreams always the same. I'm drowning. Slowly dying. All cries for help being cut off by water. But this time it was different. I can only see her face. And even in the depth of the never ending darkness I hear her voice ..... "Let me save you"

I jolt awake. Body covered in sweat as heavy breathing overtakes me. It was only a dream. I look down to find my arms now gently wrapped in gauze. I rub my fingers gently over it as last nights events resurface. Her love for humanity overwhelmed me. She was so good. so pure and I know that me being around her was toxic. I knew what I had to do ... But when? I hesitantly got out of bed but before I could take two steps toward the bathroom I heard the bedroom door slowly open and shut behind me. I turned around to see a half asleep Anna. I know what I have to do....

"What the fuck could you possibly want ? " I spat at her... Realizing she is more awake due to my sudden hostility

"I just wanted to check on you."she shrugged like it was obvious.

"Well I don't need a stuck up American bitch checking on me !" I screamed at her making her flinch backward

"Fuck you ashton I was only trying to help!" she screeched and that's when my heart fell...no one has tried to help me .... And that's when I gave in...

"Im so so sorry Anna I didn't mean it I'm just not good for you... You need to stay away from me. " I whispered too afraid to look into her eyes.

"Let's make a deal" she stated and her calmness shocked me. I slowly raised my head to meet her eyes... And a smirk plastered my face....

"You want to make a deal with the devil angel ? " I asked comically. She frowned.

"Your not the devil ashton but I will help you....As long as you don't fall in love with me. I have a plan for my life and I don't need any detours or distractions." At the end of her rant she stepped forward with one Hand out. I gladly accepted it and shook it firmly. "You got yourself a deal Anna."

*****

Around 1 I was at Lucas's. He was having one of his famous "get togethers" which was another name for A lot of sex and drugs. I was only here for one thing. Drugs. Drugs were my absolute escape. My ultimate getaway.

Anna's POV

After Calum persuaded Anne Marie to let him take me to a party tonight to meet new people I was ecstatic. I needed new friends and I was excited to meet some of his. We are sitting in Cal's car in front of a jammed packed house. "Who's house is this?" I curiously ask

"Honestly I have no idea it just looks fun" he chuckled. I smiled at his spontaneity as I stepped out of the car and into the house.

Ashton's POV:

I was just finishing a line of cocaine when I looked up and saw her. She was so innocent and naive , my blood started to boil, why was she here ?! I glanced behind her to see my ex best friend before Lucas... Calum. Fucking hell. She smiled at him and I couldn't hold myself back. Before I knew it I had him pinned to the wall.

"Why the fuck would you bring her here ?!" I shouted

"Ashton stop!" Anna screamed,Barely audible over the crowd of people reaching their highs. I released Calum and grabbed Anna's hand leading her back to the spot I was previously sat so I could grab my coat and keys. I was going to take her home. Away from all of this. She didn't need any of it. I looked down at her to see she was frozen in place. Looking at her now blood soaked hand. And that's when I realized i was so high... I don't remember cutting myself but sure as hell blood was dripping down my arm and without any warning..... Anna was out cold.... Fuck.

*****

Anna's POV

It's always been the same. Ever since she died. I'm covered in blood. I'm running screaming..... People pass by and no one turns around or looks up..... And I'm screaming ! The dream never fades away. Every time I see blood. Every time someone hurts themselves. We all have our demons. And as I fainted and this dream overtook me I knew for a fact. No one could know.... Not even this lost boy who held me in his blood soaked arms.