Chapter 7: Tell me what i need to hear

Anna's POV

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds and the warm sun stroking my face through the open window. I was mortified. Mortified that I passed out, but more mortified that Ashton was hurting himself. More than I had anticipated. I don't know what to do. I haven't passed out like this since the accident. The accident no one truly knows about and it's because of him. He is dragging me down with him..... But I can't run away anymore. I don't have the strength. I sighed as I lifted myself out of bed and walked out the door and into the living room where everyone was seated....including the haunted boy... Whose hands were over his slumped face. Anne Marie rushed over to me handing me a cup of coffee making sure I was alright. But I just stood there looking at a distraught Ashton who looked up at me with pleading and pain struck eyes. I looked away from him and mumbled to Anne Marie as I headed back to my room. I couldn't Handle this. Before I knew it I was curled in bed reading. A light knock on the door filled the room before it slowly creaked open and Ashton's silhouette appeared. He seemed nervous by the way he rubbed his neck and looked down at his tattered boots. I waited. An awkward tension building up. I couldn't bring myself to say a word... So I just sat there and waited. Waited for him to tell me what I needed to hear.... And that's when he said it and my whole plan was set off course.....

"I think I'm falling for you Anna."