Someone who knows what you're going through pt.1

Thank you for all your support :)
And as always: Ship respectfully, everything is entirely fictional and have fun reading~
This story has two parts though, so don't worry, you'll find out how it ends ;)
- RoRo  [RollercoasterRodeo]

Ethans P.O.V.

"Ethan, you've been acting really weird lately. And somehow pretty... sad when you thought no one was looking. At first I didn't think too much of it, I thought it was just temporarily and you'd feel better with all the stupid, funny crap we do, but it's been over a month now and you only seem to get sadder and sadder as soon as we stop for a second. Or even in between. It seems like there's something you can't get your mind off.  Is something bothering you? ...What's wrong?", Mark asked me with a seriously worried look on his face.
I sighed, taking a look around to see if no one else was there.
"It's only the two of us here, right?", I figured we probably were all alone, but I just wanted to be perfectly sure. I really didn't want anyone else to know. Actually I didn't even want Mark to know, but on the other hand I felt hat I kinda needed someone who knew what I was going through. And he cared a lot, for that alone he deserved to know and I was as sure as I could be that he wouldn't hate me for it. At least I hoped so,
I mean, I was never 100% sure of things,
no matter how likely they were to be true or not. But I trusted Mark. And I trusted in our friendship.
"Don't you like it in L.A.? Do you...feel underappreciated? Did we take some of the jokes we played on you too far? ", he wanted to know, his expression getting a little bit panicked. I quickly shook my head and said "No, no, no, nothing as drastic as that!  It's not even that bad, you guys are the best thing that ever happened to me!", trying to calm him down.
He was clearly relieved after those words, but still worried, asking me what's the matter with me then, if it wasn't because of them.

"Well... It is about you guys to some extend...
Not all of you, u-uh, only one of you to be exact.", I started and looked down, nervously biting my lip. As I looked up, I saw Mark frowning, yet the look in his eyes showed me how much he cared on the inside.
"Go on.", he pushed impatiently.
"...T-Tyler", was the only thing I whispered, waiting for Mark to say something, anything, hopefully knowing what was wrong with me before I even got to say it. But there was no way in hell he could do that.
No human ever could, right?
I didn't expect him to, but - as much as I wanted to - I wasn't able to just tell him the truth either.

"What's up with Tyler? Did you guys fight? Or did he hurt you?", Mark asked, trying his best to remain calm and not have an outbreak of whatever it was he was feeling at the moment. I couldn't tell properly, I was lousy at this anyway, but if I had to guess based on the assumptions he made, he  would probably be sad if his friends fight, or mad if one was hurting the other or something. So maybe a mixture of that with a certain feel of not knowing what exactly was up and wanting to know what really happened, plus the worry?
I had to tell him now, before I'd make things even worse.

"Mark, no, nothing like that!", I assured him, but struggled to get the rest of my emotions out. "But?", Mark wanted to know.
It was that moment that I noticed that I was shivering a little. That happened when I was really really nervous about something.
Something like admitting my true feelings, apparently.
"He's... Well, uh, he's... really...important to me. Not like you guys aren't, as I said, you guys are the best that ever happened to me and you are my best friends,  but... the feelings that I have when I'm around Tyler...might - ",
I stopped there and gulped "t-t-they might be something even more than that on a whole different level."
Mark stood there in complete silence, blinking a few times in disbelieve.
He seemed to be really shocked, which I can't blame him for.
"So You....WHAT?", he just asked, trying to process what I just told him.
"I think I'm in love with Tyler, please don't hate me, I swear I didn't want to, I always thought I only liked girls, it just happened and I don't know what to do now!", I quickly defended myself.
"I don't hate you, Ethan. Especially not for something like that, you can't decide who you fall in love with after all. So...that...sure is surprising and...weird. But also kinda cute, actually.", he said, letting out a sigh, before asking me what I planned  to do with my crush now.
"Nothing, as I said, I have no clue what to do. Other than telling him, WHICH I WON'T,  because that would end in a total desaster.", I whined. Mark only smirked.
"Hey, you never know, first of all, love is a strange thing that can be found in the most unbelievable places and second of all, do you know who's the one friend I was going in a gay bar with in....what feels ages ago..
I'm getting old, geezus. But yeah, do you know who that was?"
My eyes widened.
"Shut up, no way!", I exclaimed with a smile.
"Yes way. Not saying that he is gay, hell do I know, but he certainly did have some interest in the same sex in the past.", Mark reported.
"B-but uh even if he was somehow interested in men, how high are the chances that he'd fall for... someone like me?", I then asked Mark, trying to hide my sad tone and insecurities.
"Dont get yourself down, you're pretty damn awesome, and that's true, otherwise you wouldn't be my friend! That's probably not enough for you but...
Well, you'll never know if you don't confess, huh?", he suggested. I quickly shook my head. No, I couldn't just do that!
Apart from the fact that I'd be way to nervous and fuck everything up, the risk of being rejected was super unbelievably high and I didn't want to lose the man who means the world to me.

"Okay, I have a plan! It's so stupid and simple that it could work, and now Ethan, hear me out ..."