The day my life became a fanfiction

Thank you so unbelievably much for all the support, every favourite, comment or place in a reading list really means a lot to me :)
I'm so glad that even if I can't do many cool things, I can at least provide you with hopefully enjoyable/entertaining stories of one of your ships x3
Again, as always, everything is purely fictional or a stupid re-imaginging of a little fanboy, I mean no harm to anyone x.x
Ship with respect and have fun reading ~
- RoRo[RollercoasterRodeo]

ETHANS P.O.V.

I looked at my screen, reading word for word, not being able to stop. Never have I ever been able to concentrate myself to read that much. Never before could practically feel everything that was happening in the story, then again, I've never read a story about myself before.
That might sound weird, and I didn't mean this in a arrogant way, oh god no, I swear I'm not like that, but somehow it was way easier to relate to all of that knowing that it was really supposed to be me in that story.
And whoever wrote this...it felt like as if this person really knew me by heart.
Actually, apart from the fact that it was really well written and I doubt I'd ever develop such writing talent, the Ethan in the story was so accurate and close to how I really am that I questioned if I didn't somehow write the story in my sleep.
I knew fans could write weird stuff, sadly some even really, really creepily weird stuff,
but I didn't know fans would actually take time to write such amazing lighthearted friendship or...w-well, romance stories.

Now why would a youtuber who actually still had a video for this day to edit waste his time reading a fanfiction, you may ask.
Was it boredom?
No, I really had other things to do, finishing off the editing of Marks video and - as mentioned before - editing a video for my own channel.
What was it that lead me to 'this part of the Internet'? Probably pure curiosity...
But that wasn't all.
The truth was that I thought, no,
hoped that I could find something that would kinda... help me out in real life, or at least give me the sweet delusion of having a chance for this little secret of mine to... never come to light or - which I hoped for - turn out well, I guess.

To blunt it out, yes, I was reading Tythan fanfiction. Everyone should know it by now,
but I was shipped with Marks good friend Tyler. We actually became really good friends too.
The brunette was admittedly handsome and truth be told I really had a big crush on him.
In all these stories, everything was so simple. Everything always turned out to be absolutely wonderful, no matter what, Tyler and I would always end up together.
It hurt, yes, but I just couldn't stop myself.
It hurt, yes, but I was still smiling when everything I wished for became real in the end. Well, at least as real as an end in a story can be.
This time was no exception, I let out a small sigh and smiled my partly sad smile.

"What are you reading there, Ethan?", someone asked, putting me out of my trance.
I turned around to see Tyler standing behind me with a mischievous smirk. Out of all the people, of course, it had to be him!
I quickly changed the tab to my YouTube channel and mumbled "nothing for your eyes..."
Completely embarrassed, I couldn't even look at him.
"Were you reading one of those... fanfictions? ~ ", the brunette teased, and of course he hit right in the god damn bullseye.
"W-what if I was?", I just asked, panicking on the inside. Tyler frowned, but seemed a little confused.
"What for?", he wanted to know.
"Research purposes.", was my only comment.
"Something cute or...uh...?", he didn't even need to say more, I knew exactly where his mind was going with that.
Well, probably because fanfictions were mostly either fluff or porn.
"Something cute! TYLER, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?"
"Well, a man's gotta do what a man's-", he started, but I quickly interrupted him:
"For that I would definetely not turn to fanfictions, thank you very much! Urgh, g-god damn it Tyler...."
He just laughed, clearly amused at my embarrassment. Or should I say at my suffering? I wanted nothing more than to vanish in a hole right at that spot.
"In all seriousness though, what was the fanfic about?", he then asked with his well known serious stone-faced look.
"Oh...just some fandom, you know...", I murmured. He raised one eyebrow, telling me I was a terrible liar.
"I-I don't have to tell you.", I defended myself and tried to somehow get out of this awkward situation, not knowing that it was about to get even more awkward.
Not uncomfortable, just weird.
And after everything I had read up to that day totally surreal.

"That's right, Ethan, you don't have to...", he repeated. I looked at him with widened eyes.
It was that moment where I dared to look him in the eyes again.
There was something that I couldn't read.
Something special, but I couldn't tell what it was. Has Tyler ever looked at me that way before? I couldn't remember.
"I've seen it.", he admitted coldly.
I gulped, stopping to breath for a second.
I wanted to say something, anything, but my mind was blank and the only thing leaving my mouth was a nervous stutter, so I quickly shut it. I was so afraid of what was gonna happen next.
He just stood there, looking at me, not making any move.
I began to shiver, begging for him to do or say something.
Tyler still didn't speak with me, but he hugged me tightly instead.
"It was about us, wasn't it?", he asked, as to clarify something. I nodded.
"Please don't hate me.", I said, looking down.
"I could never hate you, Ethan.", he assured me, stroking over my back, still holding me tight.
"But you just want me to calm down and don't want to be my friend anymore? You don't want to be near me? You could never be with another guy and since you know I have a big crush on you, everything is gonna be awkward between us, even though I would be totally okay just being good friends with you and totally regret that I ever admitted my feelings for you? ", I blunted out all of my biggest fears and the worst scenarios that came to my mind.
Tyler sighed, letting me finish, but then shook his head.
"I wanted you to calm down, yes, but actually I wanted to ask you out on a date afterwards...", he said, smiling, a little bit embarrassed.
"O-oh...", I stuttered, but couldn't help but smile. "I-I'd love to go out with you though."

And this was the day I started dating Tyler, the day my life became a fanfiction.

... Or at least just as amazing!