V. Haunting Pasts

wordcount: 6,026

Beast was in his study, no candles lit as he sat in front of the fire, contemplating upon things certain things on his mind, or rather, a certain someone.

Belle.

The unexpected had happened. He had felt her skin upon his and another part of the witch's curse, that he had yet to remember, had came true.

The moment their skin brushed one another's as he carried her to her room, he instantly felt something for the girl. For once in a very long time, once in his life, he felt something that was foreign to him.

Love.

Was love at first sight true? He didn't think so. But the witch had cursed him to fall in love with the girl at first sight. He did feel something when he saw her for the first time but it was nothing compared to what happened a moment ago when he touched her, and now he had to try.

What is love? Is this really what love felt like? No. Couldn't be. He would describe this as more of an infatuation than love because he had never in his life been in love with any woman, not once.

However, after that incident between them, something happened. He felt a connection blossom within him for her. He had seen beauty before in many women when he was younger but this was different. This beauty that he saw in Belle moments ago, he wanted to keep for himself. The beast inside him stirred the moment their skin touched and it was like he was seeing the sun for the first time.

 This had to be love. He barely knew Belle though! It didn't feel right - it felt so strange, but his inner beast thought it felt so very right. He had the urge to hold her to him and his teeth had itched to sink into her flesh, but not to kill. He had never felt that way before, always only craving one thing; 

Blood.

But not hers.

The beast side of him communicated his need to mark her. A mark, something he knew nothing about. The witch had cast him to live this life without a manual. He had to rely on the instincts of the beast within for the longest in the beginning, in order to understand what he was supposed to do.

He didn't even know what a mark meant other than what the witch had told him, that if she loved him in return, in his beastly form, that he would place a mark upon her and she would join him in the curse. He could remember the words the witch had spoke vividly but he did not know what all of it meant. His beast inside though, he knew. The beast knew what it meant and the witch had said it would happen upon instinct. Was this that instinct he was feeling? To go to her room and sink his teeth in her skin but something was stopping the beast.

The beast was communicating something to him. That she had to accept him first. That she had to agree before he could do that. To get her agree, the Sebastian side of him had to charm her and make her fall in love. How would he manage to do that?

Sighing, he leaned back in his favorite chair, watching the flames lick the log as he stared at the fire in thought. This room held no portraits. This room was his private study and he didn't like for any of his servants to see him while he was like this, in deep thought.

Belle, the seventeen year old modernized girl he was meant to be with. The girl who was meant to break half of his curse and free the rest of the castle's servants,  she now knew what he looked like and he was fearful of her rejection.

How could such a beauty fall in love with a beast such as him?

Personality. He thought the word to himself.