VII. Crash Into Me

Any DMB fans who thought of the crash into you song?

I know this isn't my usual style of writing, but i'm doing this for the altending contest so I do hope you guys enjoy! Keep in mind that in no way form or fashion was this story ever preconceived. It has all been made up as I go and I jot down a few key things that I need to remember for future reference. Making up characters as I go... plot and sub plot... It won't be a long book. In fact, it will be a quick race to the finish line but fun along the way! wish me luck

Please tell me how you like it so far? is it ehhh, okay, awesome, horrible? lol

Belle was running like her life depended on it, down the side of the main road that led to her house, a few miles away. Sweat trickled down her face as the cool breeze blew past her, her ragged breaths the only sound she could hear in the night air. Her muscles were already cramping in an agonizing way and she felt as if she would collapse at any given moment but the thought of the beast catching her made her pump her legs faster, keeping up at the ridiculous pace she had set.

She hadn't seen any sign of Sebastian's beast, the one he called a Lycan, but she knew that if he caught her, there would be no returning. She feared what the beast would do if he did catch her. Sebastian himself said he would never hurt her, but she feared seeing him in that other form of his and knew that she would surely be locked away forever, never being allowed out of the princess room she had stayed in.

These thoughts circulated her head just as an ear splitting howl sounded from somewhere in the forest off to the left side of the road, the direction the castle was in. She had been running for no more that four minutes, not even a mile between her and the castle. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up and her eyes widened as she ran faster, praying for some miracle to come along. The guilt of leaving had been replaced by the fear of being caught and nothing else mattered anymore. She just needed to get to safety. Away from Sebastian and his beast.

As if the heavens had heard her prayer, headlights from the distance flickered through the trees at the bend of the road. Someone was driving her way. Belle's heart raced frantically as hope flooded through her and she stopped running, halting in the middle of the road, waving her hands frantically.

She was blinded by the bright lights of the car coming towards her, shielding her eyes as she waved, her hair blown by the wind with bits of dried leaves sticking out of it. She was sure that whoever it was would think she was crazy and probably would be too afraid to pick her up so she sucked up the pain and fright, putting on her best innocent face as the car came barreling towards her.

Belle didn't even think about what would happen if the car didn't see her and didn't stop - all she was worried about was getting out of there, getting safely home and in the arms of her worried father who had been awake for days, trying to figure out what had happened to his precious daughter.

She had always felt so guilty for what had happened with him.

If she hadn't been so naive and young.. hadn't been so head over heels.. she would have saved them all from going through what they did. Her captor, the man she never talks about anymore, he had ruined their lives. After she was kidnapped, she was tortured for two weeks before someone found her and brought her home to her dad in the beaten and battered state she was in. She had never forgiven herself for what had happened, even though it wasn't her fault. She felt like it was. Her dad had been at it with the local police, the fbi, anyone he could contact. He hadn't given up hope in finding her and when it was all over, the look on his face said it all.

He almost drove himself crazy with worry and she wasn't the only one who wound up needing countless hours in therapy. Her dad needed it too. Her sisters weren't that affected by it, instead, they blamed Belle for everything that had happened. They had both had crushes on her captor, their baby sitter, James Gaston, and repeatedly bullied Belle after she had come back home to them, saying it had been her fault that James had gone off the deep end and took her. That she had led him on and seduced him into thinking crazy thoughts.