XV. Breathe

The following few days, Belle had felt bad about what she did and what she said that night in the dungeons...

That she hoped that she could get to know Sebastian's siblings once they were human.

How dumb could she be?!

Then Sebastian questioning her afterward. She just wanted to hide.. crawl under a table somewhere and never come out.

But she had to make the best of it.

After that night, Belle not only felt humiliated but also guilty. She wanted to actually show Sebastian she was trying and really, he wasn't all that bad. So the next few days, she got up every morning to eat breakfast with him, ate lunch with him as well... and she was always present for dinner.

Sebastian had even had called a different maid service this time and had Belle some modern clothes brought out. To his mortification, she had approached him, asking if he could because she was out of panties.

Sebastian, not even knowing what panties were, had this blank look on his face until she explained it. In his day, that wasn't what they were called and they most certainly didn't look like what she described.. a scrap of lace.. bands of it in the shape of a 'T'. How on earth could that cover anything, he had wondered to himself. Her .... rear would be hanging out of it!

Now, that thought had him all ten shades of hot and bothered. Thankfully, he was able to keep that little part hidden from Belle. He hadn't been excited by a woman in a very long time.... until this one came along. Funny how in today's society, she wasn't even considered a woman, but a girl.

After these two days past with just them joining each other for meals, Sebastian remaining silent on his end yet, always watching her.. Belle begin to feel frustrated. He wouldn't speak to her. He would stare but never speak. It was beginning to make her angry.

This morning when she awoke, she had decided, with new found determination, that she was going to make him talk to her. It had been three days since the 'incident', and it was time that they talked.

Had another petal even fallen off the rose yet?

Was he even aware at how close of a time frame it was until the curse would be dubbed 'over'?

With Belle calling her dad every day, letting him know she was okay, she had no more guilt on her shoulders. Not even James' death brought her guilt. It had done the opposite once everything set in. It had awakened her.

All her fears were gone and she decided not to be that scared little girl anymore. She had conquered the fears she had in her life. She had gotten some of her dignity back. She was a big girl now. Time to act like a big girl.

Belle had just gotten ready for the day, wearing the new clothes that Sebastian had gotten for her. A pair of jeans that she had missed so much which hugged her curves like new tires on a winding road, paired with a red tank top with black screen print. This was the kind of clothes she liked to wear. Casual.. comfortable. She slipped on a pair of black Nikes, which had also been bought for her, and ran her fingers messily through her long wavy hair as she jogged out of her room, ignoring Abigail's rants about the clothing choice of women in modern days.

She was on a mission today.

As she passed the portraits in the corridors, their eyes all popped out of their heads when they saw her coming.

She frowned, pausing in front of one of the women as she glared down at Belle.

"What!?" Belle shouted angrily at the woman's snooty expression.