IX. No Air

here we are at another chapter! ! should be finishing up here before too long. I wont drone it out on you guys lol. Not like i did shatter anyways. We have some bonding moments coming up and we will get to see the real Sebastian!! ahhh! He is really freaking hot! whew.

Belle drove quickly down the highway, feeling her heart plummet in her chest as her thoughts continued to race over whether or not James was dead by now.

It wasn't her fault, though. He had been going to kill her! Something was far too wrong with James. Such a perfect male in her eyes when she was growing up, he began babysitting for she and her sisters when Belle was just twelve, as a favor to her father who worked at the Mayor's side. The Mayor, being James' mother.

It had started off as just fun. James would come over when Belle's father had to work late with Madam Mayor Gaston and James would always play board games with Belle and her sisters. He always seemed like such a nice guy. Then years passed and Belle would always go to James when she had boy problems because, well, he was a boy!

James had always given her sound advice on what to do and she looked up to him, even developing a crush on him at the age of thirteen.

At fourteen, apparently he had developed a crush on her as well. Their conversations had gone from advice that Belle had sought out, to unimportant things such as just talking about what they were going to do on the weekend.

She had always saw James as a friend.

And also, a love interest.

She would always write, Belle Gaston in her notebooks, of which she never knew, but he had found. Then when she turned fifteen, that was when the nightmare all started.

How did he get this way? she wondered.

It had to have been genetic.. She knew his father was never in the picture due to suicide from a mental illness as well.

Now, she was sure that James was dead. He would have to be. Sebastian's Lycan had him up in the air by his throat!

Belle shook her head as she wiped the tears from her eyes, stepping on the accelerator harder.

She was getting close. Not too much further and her driveway would come into view. Five more minutes. Just five more minutes of driving at eighty miles per hour and she would make it.

Without another thought, Belle gasped as something came out of the woods, ramming into the old classic Impala, sending it flying over to the other side of the road where there were many tree trunks which kept the car from crashing through the forest and down the hill.

The car had rolled and metal had scraped across the road, Belle tumbled, her head banging on the roof of the car, as she didn't wear her seatbelt. She felt something sharp go through her side and screamed as the death trap she was in kept bouncing off the road before finally landing in the trees.

Smoke billowed from the vehicle as the sound of the motor clanked before the engine and fan clicked off at once. Belle was crumpled inside on top of the roof, the car lying upside down in the trees on the side of the road.

She coughed, realizing she couldn't breath or scream. Her lungs felt like they were filling up and she was drowning.. but for real this time. Something was lodged in her side, spearing her lung and that lung was deflating as it filled with blood.

Clawing at the broken glass window, she gurgled, her body too damaged to make any kind of sound and finally something grabbed her outstretched hand, but by then it was too late.

Belle had resigned to giving up, all her attempts to get home to her dad had been foiled. So much had happened and her anxiety levels were already on an all-time high. She faded into the darkness as her cold hand grasped a strong one.