VIII. Free Bird

Francisco Lachowski is James Gaston 😢😭 my poor chico!

Song of choice: Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Happy New Years everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed their new year's eve! Here is another chapter for you guys! I'm getting ready to post another epilogue to Shatter as well! Eek! The contest for the cover is taking place so I hope you have headed to my facebook page or looked at the last three chapters of Shatter where all the contest covers are posted! Please go vote! Voting ends on the 10th of January! More epilogues to come for it though!

James was in shock as he gaped at what stood before him in the tree-line as Belle dangled over his shoulder in a state of unconsciousness.

A tall beast with the head of a wolf-like animal stood in front of him, growling menacingly. Claws as long as razors jutted out from finger like appendages. The beast's eyes were glowing gold, flashing with red from the blood lust he was experiencing.

Beast had escaped upon hearing that Belle had left the castle, breaking free from his chains and rushing into the forest to find her. He had followed the stench of fear and the delicate scent of Belle, leading toward the long winding driveway, which led to the main road.

She had been a smart one, to go for the main road. Beast would easily have caught her if she had gone through the forest.

Sebastian was present in the Lycan's sight and thoughts. He could see what his Lycan saw and he could comprehend what his Lycan's thoughts were. Sebastian, himself, wanted to catch Belle and bring her back. On that, he and his Lycan beast were on the same page.

They had followed her to the main road and watched her from the trees as she ran, letting her believe she had truly outran the beast that lurked just behind the tree-line. Once the car had almost hit her though, the Lycan had nearly darted out of the trees to rescue her but the car did indeed stop.

The look on Belle's face when she saw the driver.. the words she had spoken to him. Sebastian knew that this had to be the past that Belle had mentioned to him. This man... This annoyingly handsome man had been apart of Belle's past.

She had been kidnapped by this man? tortured?

When Belle had passed out and James lifted her up over his shoulder, walking toward the passenger door of his car with a smile on his face, Sebastian and his Lycan both, had to let themselves be known. That was when they decided to step out of the tree-line, giving out a warning growl so deadly even a full grown burly man would tremble.

James was currently stuck in his place as the Lycan came closer with lithe movements and vicious sharp teeth, with spittle dripping from them as he snarled his nose.

James began to shake but he wasn't like Belle. His mind worked differently and instead of the flight response, he had the fight. He wrenched open the passenger side door and dumped Belle in the seat, closing the door and locking it from her side before facing the monster that had crept upon them.

James realized just what Belle had been running from. This monster.

The Lycan let out a furious and vicious roar before charging at James but James was quick to put his gun up, aiming it at the Lycan, who wanted nothing more than to have his mate back. James fired the gun twice, the bullets hitting Beast, one in the cheek and one in the throat. Beast staggered backwards at the impact and James took this opportunity to run to the driver's side and get in, locking the doors completely before he sped off down the road, opposite of which Belle had been running toward.

Beast lifted his muzzle high in the sky and howled at the silver moon, the pain already leaving him as the adrenaline kicked up a notch. With James' car still not too far from where Beast stood, he clawed into his own skin, retrieving the bullet out of his neck and then his face before an idea struck the Lycan, blood dripping down his repulsive form.