Chapter Four: I'm Not A Part Of This Social Elite Group

||Raelynn||

The weekend has come and Lucas is currently standing outside of my front door, talking to his mother. Talking? More like arguing.

"Yes mother. I love you too. Happy birthday again. See you soon." I was sitting on the couch, watching The Bachelor this time, cuddled under two blankets and nibbling on powdered donuts.

"Is that what you're wearing?" He said as he sat down, gesturing to my black shirt that was covered in white powder. Wait, wearing to what?

"Excuse me?" I mumbled, swallowing the last bit of my food.

"You're coming with me tonight. I can't show up alone with no date." He said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. Wow, he does that a lot.

"I'm good. I'd rather stay here." I pulled a blanket over my head as I said this. I am willing to die of this heat before I go to some social thing.

My fortress of solitude was soon ripped away and I had to face reality. A smirking Lucas and two boxes. Where the hell did he even get those? From his butt?

"Here. I got you them. I'll be back around five so be ready." He placed them on my lap, and then left. Well okay then.

I placed the smaller box next to me and sat up straighter, crossing my legs in the process. I lifted the lid off of the bigger box and pulled back the tissue paper. Oh my...

I pulled the dress out of the box, watching as it fell to the floor. Am I going to prom or a birthday party? Also, I have no-

"Whoops! I forgot a box! Here you go, see you at five!" Lucas tossed me a shoe box and ran back out of the house.

I placed the dress back in the box and opened the shoe one. Strappy silver heels caught my eyes. They were so pretty! I almost forgot about the small box when I hit my hand against it.

I picked it up, and held back the temptation to shake it, just opening the box instead. Inside was a smaller, velvet box. Did he get me a ring? Are we getting married? What the heck is happening?

I opened the little velvet box and paused. It was my necklace. The really expensive and beautiful necklace from Treasures. How did he-?

I didn't bother to question it any further and placed the piece around my neck. I can't believe he spent that much, along with the dress and shoes. I looked at the time and almost cried when I noticed it was already one.

I can do makeup, but I was at a loss when it came to hair. Oh and a mani-pedi! Damn you Lucas!

I jumped up and rushed up the stairs, dialing the hair salon's number on the way. I threw my shirt on the ground and shrugged off my pants, rushing to yank on my jeans, shirt, and make an appointment.

"Okay, I'll see you at three Miss Johnson." I sighed in relief and called the nail salon next.

"See you in twenty minutes."  I yanked on sandals, thanking god I lived in California and my feet won't freeze.

I snatched my keys off the table and ran outside.

"Hey Lynn where are you- okay bye!" I just waved to Lucas and I got in my car and peeled off. I had no time to waste.