Chapter Seven: Midnight Computer Searches And Moving Guys

||Raelynn||

"Don't you agree Tanya? See, I told you I should just move in. I've lived at the double for five months and I'm almost never home." Lucas smirked. Damn you Mother.

My mom had called early this morning, inviting us out for breakfast. Obviously Lucas is slow, so we made it here just before ten.

"We've only been dating for a month." I felt like maybe we were moving too fast.

"Raelynn, you two have been together since almost day one. I'm not stupid, nor am I blind. Let the poor boy move in." Mom said, sending Lucas a wink.

We had several similarities and Lucas loved to always point that out. My mom's shoulder length hair was still it's natural brown, only a few gray hairs coming through. Although she has dark blue eyes, something I had always been jealous of. Our height was slightly below average, and petite would never match our curvy builds.

"Fine, but I'm not helping in any way. I'll be right back." I flipped my hair over my shoulder and pushed away from the table. I made my way toward the bathroom, dodging a few waiters and customers.

Just as I pushed the door open, the pain flew through me. Not again.

***

"Hey, beautiful?" I peeked around the corner, watching as the movers carried work-out equipment to the basement.

"Yes, troll?"

"Oh! My heart! How could you?" Lucas gasped dramatically, clutching his chest.

"Whatever. What do you want?" I pushed myself off the kitchen doorway and walked to the fridge.

"Thank you." A voice said, as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"For?"

"For letting me move in." I rolled my eyes and moved to make lunch.

"Yesterday was a mistake. Now you're going to be clingy all the time." I muttered.

"Why are you so mean to me?" He asked with a pout. I just shrugged in return. Oops.

***

I slipped out of bed and downstairs to the living room, cheering silently when Lucas never woke up.

I flopped down onto the couch and placed my laptop on my, well on my lap.

"Okay Google, show me some answers." I typed in what I was looking for and was pleased to find several things.

I don't know how long I spent, clicking and reading through multiple sites and articles until I finally began to fall asleep. I moved the computer to the table, and moved back to the couch. As soon as I closed my eyes, I was out.

||Lucas||

I rolled over to find the space next to me empty and cold. Ugh, where did she go?

I looked toward the window to see that it was still dark out and slowly sat up, removing myself from the bed.

I walked down the stairs, smiling to myself when I saw Lynn passed out on the couch, her laptop open, and hanging partially off of the table.

"Probably some late night Netflix." I whispered, moving to pick it up. Just as I was about to shut it off and close it, something caught my eye.

This wasn't Netflix at all. I sat on the ground next to her feet and placed it on my lap.

There were multiple tabs open, so began with the very first one.

"Pancreatic Cancer

 Pancreatic cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancerous) cells form in the tissues of the pancreas. The pancreas is a gland located behind the stomach and in front of the spine. The pancreas produces digestive juices and hormones that regulate blood sugar. Cells called exocrine pancreas cells produce the digestive juices, while cells called endocrine pancreas cells produce the hormones. The majority of pancreatic cancers start in the exocrine cells."

What the hell is this? I reread the article before moving on to the next tab.

"Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer

Belly or Back Pain:

Pain in the abdomen (belly) or back is common in pancreatic cancer. Cancers that start in the body or tail of the pancreas can grow fairly large and start to press on other nearby organs, causing pain. The cancer may also spread to the nerves surrounding the pancreas, which often causes back pain. Of course, pain in the abdomen or back is fairly common and is most often caused by something other than pancreatic cancer.

Weight Loss and Loss of Appetite:

Unintended weight loss is very common in people with pancreatic cancer. These people often have little or no appetite."

I continued reading in horror, slowly noticing the similarities. The nausea, weight loss, the times when she grabs her stomach a grimaces, blaming it on cramps. I wasn't stupid, I knew something was wrong. My hands shook slightly as I clicked on the next tab.

"While pancreatic cancer survival rates have been improving from decade to decade, the disease is still considered largely incurable. According to the American Cancer Society, for all stages of pancreatic cancer combined, the one-year relative survival rate is 20%, and the five-year rate is 7%."

Please, god. No. Please don't let this be what I think it is. I moved to the final tab. It was an e-mail.

"Miss Johnson,

Thank you for appearing for your test results the other day. We are truly, deeply sorry for the outcome. With that being said, the Samson Hospital would like to offer you our care, when you are in need. Make all your future appointments with us, we are sure to be there. We are one of the two, leading cancer specialist hospitals in America.

If you have any questions, feel free to call, e-mail, or stop by to make an appointment.

Once again, the Samson Hospital sends you their condolences, and best wishes.

David Harper"

I sat in disbelief, my eyes switching between the woman lying behind me, and the computer screen.

"Lucas? What are you doing?" A soft voiced asked behind me.

"What have you been hiding from me Raelynn?"

***
This chapter is absolute crap and a week late, I'm so sorry.
Wattpad deleted it, so I had to find it, then rewrite most of the chapter. Wattpad also kept messing up spacing, placement, and other things. But it's here!

ALSO IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO WRITE IN HER P.O.V. BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO KEEP THIS A SECRET. EVERYTHING IS SUPPOSED TO BE DULL AND PLAIN.

Don't murder me.

Until the next,
Lizza

|Edited|