Chapter Six: Such A Shame That Good Things Don't Always Last

||Raelynn||

I turned off the faucet and stepped out of the shower, quickly wrapping a towel around my body and hair. A whole week has passed since I "officially" was asked to be Lucas's girlfriend. Of course we were already together, but I thought it was a sweet gesture.

I took a step towards the mirror before a crippling pain ran through my stomach and I collapsed to the floor, panting heavily.

I need to get to the doctors, the pain is coming back.

Luckily, Lucas wasn't home and instead he was out at a photo shoot. I knew he wouldn't be back until five, just enough time to get to the doctors.

I waited for the black spots to disappear before I pulled myself up, with the help of my counter and stumbled into my bedroom. I reached into my dresser and pulled out a tank and a pair of gray joggers. I snatched Lucas's hoodie off of the bed and headed to my car.

"Hello? Hi! Are there any openings with Doctor Thomas today? Ten minutes? I'm on my way."

***

"Good to see you again Miss Johnson. How have you been?" The red haired doctor asked, taking a seat on a stool.

"Fine. Nothing new really, just a few new paintings and a boyfriend." She let out a small laugh before looking down at her clipboard.

"That's great news, I'd say. Well, if you remember, last month we did some scans and blood tests and they arrived two days ago. Let me go grab the results for you. Before I go, any pains?"

I sucked in a deep breath, nodding. She knew that they were back. She sent me a pitiful smile and she walked out. So I sat. Alone, bored, and worried. Oh, and hungry, let's not forget hungry. I chuckled, despite myself and the situation.

I waited and waited. I had read all the magazines and got tired of my phone.

Tick.
Tick.
Tick.

I glared at the clock that had been ticking loudly. I just noticed that the time had read 3:47 when the door opened and Dr. Thompson came back in.

Her face was grim and she was still looking at her clipboard as she took a seat. She looked up at me just as the door slammed shut and I jumped slightly.

The look never dispersed and my palms began to grow sweaty. Please, please don't let it be anything too serious.

"Okay Raelynn, are you ready?" I nodded, ignoring the thumping of my heart. She began to speak and suddenly everything slowed down. I didn't hear too well, my heart was too loud. Although I got the gist of things. She talked for a few more minutes before standing up.

"I'm so sorry." With that, she was gone, leaving me alone with my thoughts and the clock.

Tick.
Tick.
Tick.

||Lucas||

I walked through the door, greeted by the smell of spaghetti, along with the t.v. and blaring music. I smiled and made my way to the kitchen, pausing as I watch Lynn sprinkle something into the sauce.

"I saw that. Are you trying to poison me?" I asked loudly. She jumped with a screech, quickly turning to glare at me. I smirked and moved farther into the kitchen.

The second I was close enough, I pulled her into my arms and placed my mouth over hers.

"Hello beautiful." I mumbled as I pulled back. She winked, turned back to the stove, and began stirring the sauce. I moved her hair to one side and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"How was your day?" I asked, placing my chin on her shoulder. She rolled her eyes and muttered what I believe was "clingy".

"It was fine. I went to the studio for a couple hours. Someone bought a painting and wants lessons. Nothing too interesting." She replied, wriggling out of my hold and carried the pot of noodles to the sink.

"Can you turn the burners off and get the garlic toast out of the oven?" I nodded, even if she was facing away and couldn't see me. I shut them off, along with the oven and slipped on an oven mitt.

"Aw. You should have worn an apron. You'd look like Mommy's little chef!" She giggled. I glared and placed the pan on the stove top.

"Shut up." I grumbled.

"Aw. How was your day Mommy's lil chef?" She cooed, pinching my left cheek. I smacked her hand away and went to grab the plates, ignoring her question.

"Okay! Okay. How was your day....chef!" She burst into giggles while I just stared in awe. She was beautiful.

"My day was slow. Just stuck with a bunch of hot models." I lied, wanting to see her reaction. She glared at me and snatched a plate out of my hand.

"I'm joking Lynn. Lynn. Rae?" She continued to ignore me and walked into the living room with her food.

"I'm kidding babe! Don't ignore me!" I placed my plate next hers on the table and sat down. She picked up the remote, acting as if I wasn't there.

I lifted her arms up and laid myself across her lap, causing her to drop the remote on the floor.

"Lucas!" She groaned, not bothering to pick it up.

"Yes Lynn?" I put on an innocent face as she glared at me. She rolled her eyes and picked up a plate, placing it on my chest.

"I'm not a table you know?" She shrugged, now watching whatever was on t.v. and ate.

"Lynn I want to-"

"Sshhh!"

"But I want my-"

"Hush!"

"I just want-"

"Oh be quiet!" She yelled, shoving a forkful of spaghetti into my mouth. My eyes widened in shock as I started choking and laughing. I sat up, attempting to swallow the food. Geez.

***

"Lucas?" Lynn tilted her head to look up at me. I didn't have to move too much, and simply readjusted my position again the headboard.

"Hmm?" I hummed, continuing to run one hand through her hair well the other traced small patterns along her stomach.

"Can we travel? I mean, like around America?" Her brown eyes twinkled with excitement and I let out a deep chuckle.

"Anything you want, beautiful." She smiled widely and turned back to watch the movie, comfortably leaning against my chest.

I'm pretty sure I'd travel the whole damn world for this girl. She doesn't know that, not yet anyways.

The room was pretty dark, the only lights were from the t.v. and a street lamp across the street. We were watching some movie- I'm not sure what, as my attention has been on Lynn. She slowly began mocking me, her hands making small patterns along my thigh.

I watched this girl, as she was completely unaware of the effect she had on me. Hell, even I didn't know. But right here, right now, I think I have a clue. I think, I think I might be falling in love. And I'm perfectly okay with that.

***
Yes hello, here is the update I promised!
The next update will either be Friday or Saturday, Sunday at the latest!
Until the next,
Lizza

|Edited|