Have You Tried Lying? | Finn Collins

REQUEST  

 hey could I get an imagine where there's an annoying guy at camp who wont stop trying to ask you out, but you're too nice to blatantly tell him to stop and Finn notices this and pretends to be your bf so he'll stop? sorry if this is weirdly specific lol

You and Monroe were working ration duty that day, sorting out the food at camp and making notes of how long it would last

You and Monroe were working ration duty that day, sorting out the food at camp and making notes of how long it would last. You two were on berries and nuts, while Finn was next to you two, rationing the meat from the last successful hunt. You weren't that familiar with the boy, only speaking once or twice on times when you happened to be on the same job. You liked working with him though, because he was one of the few people actually competent enough to do what they were supposed to. It took you by surprise at first, because you didn't expect the notorious spacewalker to be so responsible.

"Hey, your favorite delinquent is on his  way over," Monroe joked, looking up from her work to see Aiden walking towards your station. 

"You've got to be kidding," you mumbled rolling your eyes at the fact that he was coming to talk to you again. "I don't understand how he doesn't get the hint already."

"Hey, Y/N," Aiden greeted you as he approached your station, taking one of Monroe's berries and popping it into his mouth. She huffed in frustration.

"Can you not do that? We're trying to make these last, hence the point of rationing in the first place."

"Sorry," he shrugged, turning to you. "So, what are you up to?"

It took physical strength to prevent yourself from groaning at the idiotic question. You weren't even sure why, but something about Aiden just really ticked you off. He tended to do things like that all the time- ask you dumb questions, patronize you, and worst of all, ignore the obvious social cues that were supposed to alert him to the fact that you didn't enjoy talking to him.

"I'm rationing," you deadpanned, your tone giving off a hint of 'I really think you're insufferable, please go away.' Unfortunately, Aiden wasn't much for grasping subtlety. 

"Are you free later? If you want to go for a cup of Monty's moonshine, I happen to know he just made some last night," he offered. 

"Sorry, I'm kind of busy. Even if I'm off later, I'm already pretty wiped," you lied. Rationing was probably the easiest job in camp, and you'd been on it all day. You weren't tired and you definitely were free later, but you'd honestly rather volunteer to pick up another job than lead Aiden on. 

"Okay, maybe tomorrow then?" he asked, not letting up. He'd been at it like this for weeks, and you were too nice to blatantly tell him that you just weren't interested. At this rate, you weren't even sure that would throw him off- you had already been giving him attitude, never talking to him first, always trying to end a conversation as quickly as possible, and yet somehow he still seemed to think you were interested.

"Aiden!" Bellamy called, unknowingly saving you from the pain of formulating an answer. "Get back to work on the wall, the dropship isn't going to protect itself." 

"Talk to you later," Aiden said, leaving to get back to his job.

Monroe waited until he was out of earshot to comment. "You know, that was almost painful to watch."

You sighed, shaking your head. "I don't understand how someone can be that oblivious. I've tried everything I can think of, except just telling him off."

"Have you tried lying?" Finn spoke up, grabbing your and Monroe's attention. "Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop or anything, but she's right-" he nodded his head at Monroe, "that was pretty hard to watch."

"Lying how?" you asked. You didn't care about him overhearing- in fact, the more people that knew you didn't like Aiden the better. Maybe word would get around and he'd finally leave you alone.

"A guy that persistent will only give up for one reason," he explained.

You looked on expectantly.

"A boyfriend."

"One problem," you said. "There's less than 100 of us down here. If I tell him I have a boyfriend, I can't just make someone up- he'd know I was lying."

 Finn shrugged, smirking slightly. "So just get someone to be your fake boyfriend."

-                -               -

You made your way to the campfire, more than ready to eat. Being around food all day did have the downside of making you really, really hungry. 

You hoped Aiden wouldn't be there. Despite Monroe being all for Finn's idea, and insisting that in a camp full of "horny teenage boys" it would be easy to find a volunteer, you just couldn't bring yourself to ask someone. 

You grabbed a meal serving from Bellamy before sitting down on one of the empty logs surrounding the fire. Unfortunately, Aiden noticed this and came over, sitting down next to you. 

"This seat taken?" he asked, voice oozing with a jest that always got under your skin. 

"I guess not," you mumbled, subtly angling your body away from him. 

"So since you're here, I know you don't have a job tonight. Still want to get that moonshine?" he asked, making you grit your teeth. No, you didn't "still" want to get anything, and you hadn't wanted to earlier, and you wouldn't want to tomorrow or the day after that.

"Sorry, but like I said-,"

"There you are babe, I've been looking everywhere for you." A voice interrupted you from behind, and the next thing you knew, Finn was sitting at the side of you unoccupied by Aiden. 

 You turned to him, looking at him with a mixture of confusion and surprise.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to surprise you- didn't I tell you during rationing that I'd meet you for dinner?" His eyes gleamed playfully, the look of amusement on his face urging you to play along.

"Oh- right! Sorry, I guess I forgot." 

He shrugged, smiling. "You've been tired lately, it happens." He turned his attention to the other boy next to you, who was now silent. "I'm Finn."

"Aiden," he replied, nodding in greeting, looking at the boy with poorly suppressed jealousy.

Finn wrapped his arm around your shoulders, and you instinctively leaned into him without thinking. The action of intimacy caused a light dusting of red to coat your cheeks. You couldn't help but wonder why he was helping you.

"I'm gonna- I forgot I have a thing I have to do," Aiden mumbled, getting up from his seat and walking away. 

You couldn't help the small laugh that escaped you once he was finally gone.

"Congratulations, it would appear that you're now Aiden free," Finn laughed beside you. 

"I cannot thank you enough. Really, I don't know why you did that, but thank you," you said, turning to look into his eyes. The weight of his arm was still present on your shoulders, but neither of you seemed to mind.

He smiled. "Pretending to date a pretty girl isn't exactly the most difficult task." 

You grinned, looking down in shyness. The combination of your closeness and the compliment was making you more nervous than you wanted to let on.

"You know," Finn began, "I know you just got away from one desperate guy asking you out... but maybe you'd let me take you for moonshine sometime? And don't worry, if you say no, I wont come back in a few hours and ask you again," he joked.

You laughed, looking back up at him. "I would love to."