Preference 2 | "You're too good for this world."

BELLAMY BLAKE

You couldn't do it. The grounder was right there, weapon in hand, but you couldn't find it in yourself to attack. You looked into the mans eyes and saw what the other delinquents couldn't- you saw the fact that he had family, the fact that he had a life- the fact that he was a human just like you and the others.

But before you knew what was happening, the grounder had begun to charge towards you, machete ready to kill. Bellamy rushed at him from behind, his hatchet lodging itself into the warriors skull, killing him. 

You looked away in horror, tears quickly making their way to your eyes. Bellamy walked over to you, a hand on your shoulder. 

"He would have killed you," he justified.

You nodded, knowing you should thank him for saving you. "I know," was all you could manage.

"You're too good for this world, Y/N. If you're going to survive, you have to toughen up."

♡ ♡ ♡

JOHN MURPHY 

Murphy could barely hold back his tears as his eyes landed on you. "No," he whimpered.

You looked up from your place on the floor of the dropship, a smile appearing on your face at the sight of him. It hurt to smile- your attackers hadn't spared your face, and it was now adorned with cuts and bruises, caked with blood. Members of the 100, your own kind, had ambushed you for sticking up for Murphy. 

"No, no, no!" Murphy crumbled, tears trailing down his face as he rushed over to your side. He held your face gently in his hands, scared to touch you. He could barely face the guilt that overcame him as he looked at you- this was his fault.

"I'm okay, Murphy," you promised. 

"Who did this?" he demanded. "I need to know who did this to you."

You shook your head. "They're gone already. Banished."

Murphy sighed, unsure if he should be happy that they'd suffer like he had, or angry that he wouldn't get the justice he desired. He still wanted to know who hurt you, he needed to know, in case he ever saw them again. "Who, Y/N?"

"It doesn't matter," you said, grabbing his hand. 

Murphy gripped your hand tightly, knowing why you wouldn't tell him. You were too honorable to want vengeance. "You're too good for this world."

♡ ♡ ♡

JASPER JORDAN

Jasper looked at you in admiration, his knuckles grazing against your bare arm. The two of you were lying in his tent, the sounds of the teenagers outside coming to a minimum as people began to head in for the night.

"What are you thinking about?" you questioned, knowing that with Jasper it could be anything. The way he was looking at you made your desire to know even stronger than usual.

"You," he answered.

You grinned, a blush rising to your cheeks. "Shut up," you pushed at his shoulder playfully.

"You're too good for me, you know," Jasper said. His tone wasn't sad or harsh, just content. "You're too good for this world."

♡ ♡ ♡

FINN COLLINS

Since your parents were higher-ups on the Ark, you had found out about the decision to send the 100 to Earth. You knew your boyfriend Finn would be leaving on the dropship, and nothing was going to stop you from saying goodbye to him. You had threatened to tell everyone about what was really happening if you weren't allowed to see him before he had to go, and thankfully that had been convincing enough.

You two were stood away from the entrance of the dropship, the rest of the delinquents being guided into their seats. You held his hands in yours, not wanting to let go.

"Please survive," you begged him. 

"I will," he assured you. "I always do. You know that." 

"Maybe this was supposed to happen. We both know you're too good for this world," you said, referring to the Ark. 

Finn smiled before looking at your seriously, cupping your face in his hands. "I will see you again," he promised. The two of you shared one last kiss before he was escorted onto the ship. You hoped he was right.

♡ ♡ ♡  

MONTY GREEN

"Augh!" you grunted as you impaled the grounder hovering above Monty. She fell back, heartbeat slowing as you pushed her off of him, taking her weapon in the process. 

"You okay?" you asked him. He looked at you in a mixture of shock and amazement.

"I'm fine, now. You just saved my life, Y/N." 

You shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. Monty shook his head in disbelief. "You're too good for this world."

You smiled at the compliment, even if you knew he was exaggerating. "I've been training."

"It shows."

"Besides," you began, a surge of confidence running through you from your success. "I didn't like the thought of another girl on top of you like that."

Monty's eyes widened at your flirting, a blush rising to his cheeks. You smirked before walking away, leaving him dumbfounded.